Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not able to view the forums properly This is what it looks like to me:

http://img138.imageshack.**/img138/9285/forumsfinalgearcomthesi.png

Uploaded with imageshack.**
I haven't changed any setting that i recall. anyone else having the same problem?

Your browser isn't displaying Style Sheets/CSS.

clear your browser's cache and cookies. Happens to me occasionally, and Viper gave me that tip.

For the past week or so, I've been getting more gateway time-outs than usual. Everything is back up within a minute or two, but they are more noticeable. Just thought I'd mention it.

Yeah, me too. At about this time of night, I've had a couple of 502's and an odd 504.

No biggie though. :cool:

You may experience them every 4 hours at the change of the hour due to our backup system, but it should not last longer than 60-90 seconds.

Is there a post requirement to send PMs? or are there no PMs on this forum? I was left a "visitor message" by a member, but I can't seem to go anywhere to reply to it, and I can't send a PM either.

I can read visitor messages, but not post them.

Edit: And now it's working :?

Last edited:
There is a several day wait/reputation/post count number you have to hit. Too many spammers join and send spam/death threats, so we make sure you are legit before you can use the feature.

There is a several day wait/reputation/post count number you have to hit. Too many spammers join and send spam/death threats, so we make sure you are legit before you can use the feature.

I see. A reasonable precaution. I saw the warning about needing 5 posts for the forum, but I must have missed anything about PMs or visitor messages.

Either way, I was able to reply to the guy now. Thanks :)

And welcome to the Maryland 3 Club.. there are quite a few of us here.

Can we prevent users with fewer than a certain number of posts from starting new threads in the TG America subforum? Too many people lambasting the episode or trying to plug their own choice of replacement host outside of the episode discussion thread.

That will probably just make them post it in the TG UK forum, or complain somewhere else that they can't post :rolleyes: though I like the idea.

I'd really like if the post your car -section would be for members only.
Or an option so you could make a thread for members only.
There are a lot of jealous people especially in Finland and I'm feeling a little uncomfortable to share all these details about my cars.
That's why I don't post any car related stuff to sites like Facebook either.
Why I haven't already posted info about our one of 467 classic muscle car is because of this. It's one of a kind in this country and when I'd love to share it with you guys I don't feel like sharing it with the whole world and find it on sale on ebay a couple of days later.
Also this was the reason the BMW and Viper thread was originally called something like "My BMW and Dodge" because it wasn't nearly as flash as the current one.

Edit:
For addition I would be much more comfortable to post all kinds of updates for members only section like videos which might involve some speeding and tuning parts that are not exactly legal.
It's kind of an issue because the cities I live are so small in the global scale that if someone local sees a video of a green Viper driving on a public road near, say, Lappeenranta there's not too many options who that might be. People are more than happy to paste that kind of videos forward over here untill it gets to a hands of someone I don't want.
All in all there are probably like 20 Vipers in Finland and you can take a quess how many of them are green Gen 1's.

Last edited:
How would you restrict the videos you post? Anyone can hit the youtube/vimeo url and post it to anyone.

I'm leaning against this for the moment. While it would be nice to have a section away from the general public, it would more than likely divide the forum due to those who would be allowed into the section and those blocked from it. Sort of saying that you want to be an attention whore, but don't want anyone to know about it.

Is it possible to add an option for new threads in the section to be hidden from non members?

Is there a way to disallow any new members from signing up altogether? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.