No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

I'm using the GTA Native Trainer, ingame trainer for no cops / god mode and all the cars listed for spawning

Having no luck modding. Apparently I don't need any of that ASI crap for EFLC v1.1.2.0 (it's decrypted now) and I've replaced the WTF and WTD files in vehicles.img. I also edited CARCOLS.DAT and VEHICLES.IDE.

The game just crashes though as it's loading the world. :(

Handling.dat also needs to be edited usually.

Last edited:
a Trainer.

This game really doesn't have enough exotics for me to replace.
You can replace regular cars with exotics and simply edit the handling.dat file accordingly to update performance characteristics. :)

I'm still waiting for my new laptop, but as soon as I get it...I'm buying GTA IV and the first car that I'll import is the Volvo 850 Turbo :) Shame it's RWD in the game...

I dont bother with only exotics, loses the feel of a city, i like putting in every type of vehicle, ie for today's set, new cop cars except the FBI, SL Black, S600, Merc SUV, RS 500, and trying to get an XF-R working

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/07/EFLC-2010-07-07-16-17-30-46.jpg

I dont bother with only exotics, loses the feel of a city, i like putting in every type of vehicle, ie for today's set, new cop cars except the FBI, SL Black, S600, Merc SUV, RS 500, and trying to get an XF-R working

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/07/EFLC-2010-07-07-16-17-30-46.jpg
Couldn't agree more!

I am so sad I'm on holiday right now, these pictures make me want to play/mod very badly indeed.

I'm guessing it's PC only?

I think that was a given Magnet :lol:

Anyways, any ideas on how to make the game run smoother? I've got the latest patches applied but I can still only run the game smoothly with everything on minimum settings. (207MB of 512MB graphics memory used) hell I even have to run at 800x600 59HZ.

My specs

Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 - 2.53 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 - 512MB VRAM
4GB RAM DDR2
320GB HDD SATA 5400 RPM

I honestly cannot believe you cannot run this game smoothly on medium settings even though you pretty much match the recommended requirements. The in-game benchmark is useless, the game lags like a bitch when I use the settings it gives me.

Last edited:
I'm on a laptop. :razz:

Yeah...I don't understand how graphic cards work aside from memory.

Well hopefully my new laptop with 7200rpm drive, GeForce GTX260 and 4gb DDR2 will be able to run it at least on Medium. The processor might be the Achilles heel though - a measely T7350 (2.slow Ghz)

@LeMans GTR

1. Turn shadows off
2. ???
3. Profit! (+50 fps)

If you NEED shadows, and have the latest updates installed, set them to low. Or try one of the shadow mods available which give shadows with a smaller performance hit.

Yeah who needs them i5 processors and GTX 470 with 6GB of ram :p

@LeMans GTR

1. Turn shadows off
2. ???
3. Profit! (+50 fps)

If you NEED shadows, and have the latest updates installed, set them to low. Or try one of the shadow mods available which give shadows with a smaller performance hit.

Funny thing is shadows don't make that much of a difference to me :? I right now have set it on low but it does not do drastic things to my FPS if I turn it up though..

Okay this is stupid. I've acquired a copy of this game because I want to try the car mods now, but I can't get it to run even at the lowest settings. My specs should be fine

Core2Quad Q9550
4GB DDR2
9800GTX+ 512MB
RAID0 (2x500GB)

I don't think I can update the game because of the way it is, but I've installed the latest drivers and it's doing about 2fps. :roll:

I was actually thinking about creating a mod for GTA IV, I'm a fairly competent modeler, but know next to nothing about coding and such. Anyone want to help?

I always liked most things about GTA IV, but the pure city feel the game has always bothered me. I was thinking about creating an addition area of land spanning off the left two islands to the northwest, in a similar vein as inland-hudson river country of New York State. I think it would be a great opportunity to create some awesome driving roads and some interesting scenery (such as the palisades and the pine forests of New York State) Basically the new area would consist of an interstate system running up one side of (newly formed, and more realistic) west river on the Aldernly side and coming back down to Algonquin on the other side.

Here is the basic concept. It would great increase the size of the usable area and there could be some really cool things to put in (like exotic houses, military bases etc)
11-1.jpg

(red would be the highway)
Think of it as a way of red-dead-redemption-ing GTA IV a little bit. I miss the open landscape of San Andreas

Yeah...I don't understand how graphic cards work aside from memory.

well laptop GPU's are curious beasts... they often get names that outdo their actual abilities and they're nearly always lesser clocked and lesser bandwidthed (memory bus) than desktop parts. whats more they often come in funky configurations using a mish mash of memory buses and memory types.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-4570.13885.0.html

have a look there, the mobility radeon 4570 isnt actually that powerful....

The ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4570 from AMD is a DirectX 10.1 lower to mid range notebook graphics adapter. Technically it is a faster clocked Mobility Radeon 4530/4330. The successor Mobility Radeon HD 5450 features the same performance at a lower power consumption and DirectX11 capabilities.

AMD specifies a slow 64 Bit memory bus, but some GPU-Z variants state a 128 Bit bus (this is an error in the GPU-Z database).

The gaming performance of the ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 should be very similar to the desktop HD 4550 which features similar specifications. Modern and demanding games of 2009 like COD MW 2 or Risen only run in low details and resolutions fluently. Some may not even run fluently at all (e.g. Crysis and NFS Shift depending on the CPU). Older or less demanding games like Left 4 Dead should even run in high detail settings. More information can be found in the gaming benchmark section below.

The Mobility HD 4570 is based on the RV710 chip and features 80 stream processors (16 5-dimensional shader cores). These cores do the graphic work of the shader- and pixel pipelines of older GPUs. The stream processors are also called ALUs and are grouped in five-way VLIW units. Each of the five instructions of a VLIW bundle has to be independent from the others and therefore the performance depends on the optimization of the driver.

A speciality of the Radeon HD 4570 is the possibility to use ordinary DDR2 and DDR3 graphic memory (as a cheaper alternative to GDDR3). However, cards that use that kind of memory will be slower than others equipped with GDDR RAM.

basically worst case scenario is a 64 bit memory bus using standard DDR2 ram. that would give rise to a cripplingly slow memory system, effectively starving the chip. no good having a good memory buffer if you cant access it fast enough.

Okay this is stupid. I've acquired a copy of this game because I want to try the car mods now, but I can't get it to run even at the lowest settings. My specs should be fine

Core2Quad Q9550
4GB DDR2
9800GTX+ 512MB
RAID0 (2x500GB)

I don't think I can update the game because of the way it is, but I've installed the latest drivers and it's doing about 2fps. :roll:

your machine on the other hand, really shouldnt have much of a problem unless the mod's are doing some seriously inefficient background work. the 9800 is kinda long in the tooth though, but it should easily be enough for this game since GTA 4 isnt that new anymor either