Hammond: Hamster gets $1.5million for just 4 days work

TurnerGTX

[YOUTUBE]HE5nCDv5GC4[/YOUTUBE]

?BIG value? store Morrisons paid Top Gear star Richard Hammond ?750,000 for just FOUR DAYS? work.

Pint-sized Richard, dubbed Hamster, made ?187,500 a day filming an ad for the chain that boasts of ?price-crunching? deals.

That easily tops the 38-year-old presenter?s reported ?25,000-a-show earnings from his new Top Gear contract.

A pal said: ?This really is ridiculous money. Richard is made up. Supermodels who won?t get out of bed for ?10,000 a day may want to change careers. He?ll no doubt grab himself a couple of fancy new motors for his collection.?

Richard is seen appearing to fly himself from Spain to Britain to promote Morrisons? meat.

But the flying scenes were faked, saving the huge cost of insuring Hammond ? who nearly died in a 290mph dragster crash in 2006.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1536672.ece

So is he going to finally buy a Zonda now? One little commercial for that much money... he better blow it all, for our sake.

Good on him - if they're willing to pay that he'd be crazy to turn it down. But really, it's none of our business.

I don't really understand all this fascination with how much the TG presenters and Andy Wilman earn. They've worked their arses off to get the show where it is now, so if someone wants to pay Hammond a huge sum of money to do a TV commercial, then so be it!

1,5 million dollars - 750.000 pounds

EDIT: Nice, 3 people correcting the same person.

May I add another correction
It's from the Sun!!
and therefore may well be bullshit.

I think Richard deserves it after all the hard work, and, btw, why is there so much news at the moment about how much the TG3 get paid? Top Gear is great, so they deserve the money for making it so.

I don't know why people are making such a fuss about their pay either. They're celebs now, so they will be paid more. Maybe people are just bitter, obviously people working at the sun aren't getting paid nearly as much, apart from Jeremy of course.

I think that advert is quite good, if a bit on the cheesy side, and you wouldn't know the glider part was fake.

For those who haven't seen it, this is an appropriate place I think.

edit: Bugger, how did I miss the video at the top? :(

good on him. Who are the nutters that are willing to pay that much for a stupid commercial though?

How much is that after British taxes? $3?

Probably got some tax wheeze but if it were PAYE(Pay as you earn) and NI (National Insurance) then he would get about 50% of the headline. But as I say he is bound to have some tax wheeze so probably closer to 75% out of which he pays his advisers, lawyers, expenses and agent. So swings and roundabouts really.

Yes I agree what has it got to do with us anyhow, good luck to him - The Sun. .... shut up!

What does the woman say when he crashes into her? I can't make it out...