Hockey 2009-10

Canuck, don't bother. There's reports that talks between Ice Edge and Glendale have broken down. Unless the Glendale City Council votes tonight to cover operating losses for next season, I attended the very last Coyotes game.

I'm organizing a lynch mob to go after Jerry Moyes (the owner who took the team into bankruptcy), Steve Ellman (who took the deal to place the arena in Glendale) and Gary Bettman (for being a failure).

I hope they find a way. I want hockey to stay in Phoenix.

WTF@World Champs

Denmark, Norway, and now Swiss. :blink:

WTF@World Champs

Denmark, Norway, and now Swiss. :blink:

It's because the Worlds don't mean anything whatsoever lol. Especially not during an Olympic year.

We already know the outcome, Russia will win because they had the most NHLers show up and Ovechkin is desperate win something this year.

It's because the Worlds don't mean anything whatsoever lol. Especially not during an Olympic year.

We already know the outcome, Russia will win because they had the most NHLers show up and Ovechkin is desperate win something this year.

True, but still... CAN-SUI 1-4 :blink:

edit: Otherwise, World Champs shouldn't be on every year. Especially not on Olympic year.

Last edited:
mm95.gif

I'm loving the headlines "Swiss upset Vancouver Olympic Champions". Corey Perry is the only Vancouver Olympian on the IIHF roster, most of our guys in Germany didn't even make Olympic orientation camp. Yeah it's still an upset, but not one that any Canadian cares about or takes serious.

Also:
LOL @ USA getting relegated to Division 1 after three consecutive losses. Just goes to show how silly this tournament is when the Olympic silver medal country winds up getting relegated. They're in for some tough matches against Great Britain, Japan, and South Korea!

It's because the Worlds don't mean anything whatsoever to teams who would have a lot of NHLers on their roster if they didn't coincide with the NHL playoffs.

Slightly more accurate, but if held annually and were during the summer, I can bet a lot of Canadian/American/Czech/Finnish/Russian/Swedish/etc. would prefer to not compete anyway.

They're in for some tough matches against Great Britain, Japan, and South Korea!

Actually Italy, France and Kazakhstan. :)

I'm actually glad to see Swiss playing well. They're getting better and better every year.

I would love to see IIHF WC to be more like World Cup. Not every year, and with best players.

Last edited:
I would love to see IIHF WC to be more like World Cup. Not every year, and with best players.

Don't we already have the Olympic winter games for that? I agree something about the IIHF is broken, but I have no idea what would fix it.

Don't we already have the Olympic winter games for that? I agree something about the IIHF is broken, but I have no idea what would fix it.

Yea, but I think hockey needs something more exclusive. There's so many other events in Olympics.
Maybe some 12 team tournament every four years. Altough, it would need agreement with NHL, and that might be difficult to get.

Congratulations to Montreal Canadiens, but I have just lost all respect for the fans. I mean really - rioting, raiding liquor stores, burning pictures of Sidney Crosby ? 1993 when Montreal last won the Stanley Cup it ended costing the city millions of dollars in damages....I knew the French don't have any class but it seems the same applies for the French speaking Canadian public.

Boarding call in the first fucking minute? Bullshit dive. Those refs must be pregnant, because they just missed three periods. I'm with Brother Michael on habs fans being degenerate douche bags. At least at the pens arena there is a party going on. Even when we're down four nothing there's still cheers rather than booing every time somebody you just cheered for in the olympics touches the puck. Seems weird both the Red Wings and Pens don't make the playoffs, smells fishy.

Congratulations to Montreal Canadiens, but I have just lost all respect for the fans. I mean really - rioting, raiding liquor stores, burning pictures of Sidney Crosby ? 1993 when Montreal last won the Stanley Cup it ended costing the city millions of dollars in damages....I knew the French don't have any class but it seems the same applies for the French speaking Canadian public.

I agree. I had said that with the Pens gone, I didn't care who won the Cup now. But after the classless display by their fans (rioting after winning the 2nd round? give me a fuckin' break), I'm rooting for whoever goes up against them in the Conference Final (hopefully, it will be Philly)

Predictions

Chicago over San Jose in 7

East will go 7 games regardless of whos in, but I think Montreal wins against either Boston or Philly

Boarding call in the first fucking minute? Bullshit dive. Those refs must be pregnant, because they just missed three periods. I'm with Brother Michael on habs fans being degenerate douche bags. At least at the pens arena there is a party going on. Even when we're down four nothing there's still cheers rather than booing every time somebody you just cheered for in the olympics touches the puck. Seems weird both the Red Wings and Pens don't make the playoffs, smells fishy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...your actually calling bad refs for calls FOR the Canadiens? Were you watching the series at all? The refs sucked in general but even the announcers said the refs were massively in favour for the Penguins. How do you not call blatant icing against the Penguins?

And seems fishy that the Pens didn't make it? Are you fucking serious? The Penguins are Bettman's baby, there is no way he wanted a Canadian team in the conference finals, he wants American fans to sell tickets to. On top of that Crosby got away with so much crap in the first games, he should've been given a game misconduct for all the crying he was doing to the refs. It is pretty sad when a rookie who only played games in the playoffs gets under your skin that easily to make you bitch that much.

Also with the thefts that were going on was my a small group (compared to the entire group itself) of asshole criminals who took advatnage of the mass crowds of people there.

I will get neg-rep for this as well, but it is totally worth it.
If both Pittsburgh and Pheonix cared half as much as the Canadiens' fans do, they both those teams wouldn't have gone into bankruptcy.

Last edited: