Idiots + cars = LOL

The problem I see with those satirical things which aren't clearly recognizable as satire is that there are too many gullible people who might believe it might be real. Case in point: for me it's entirely conceivable that the owner of that van really believes in that satire and in fact doesn't just want to take the piss...

I thought that’s how we ended up with trump as president.

Düsseldorf
Screenshot 2024-02-28 204603.jpg

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Porsche/comments/19dtdrs/rip_taycan_turismo_brutal_headlight_theft/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2aydDisFTc

According to Matt Armstrong the headlamps are stolen for growing cannabis
@12m49s

View: https://youtu.be/NOze-1ygsrQ?t=769

That's a pretty idiotic claim. The light produced by headlights are not the correct spectrum of light needed for growing plants. Then light pattern is all wrong, you would need 20 feet or more of clearance to mount the light above the plant and light movers to keep from burning the plants.

I hate to be that guy, but the video goes on to say that what the thieves want is the ballast, not the headlight itself because yeah, cheaper LED headlights are available for cannabis.

I heard that "steal headlight to grow cannabis" for the first time a while ago, when Land Rover (I think) came out with projector LEDs or something.

I hate to be that guy, but the video goes on to say that what the thieves want is the ballast, not the headlight itself because yeah, cheaper LED headlights are available for cannabis.

Is it impossible to get grow lights in the UK? If not, this still seems suspect to me. It makes no sense to use a ballast that is meant to power a much smaller light, to power a larger light, while adding in the extra complexity and cost of needing to adapt to an AC to DC power supply for the ballast. Even if you use a PC power supply, it has to be fairly stout(ie, not cheap), and it would need to be modified.

Here is a more likely scenario. These lights are being stolen to replace older lights that are either broken, clouded over, or a less effective style of light.

Heat is a way of spotting houses that have cannabis grows in them, typically in a loft. If the Porsche ballasts are particularly efficient and don't get too hot, they will be used to reduce the chances of detection.

Heat is a way of spotting houses that have cannabis grows in them, typically in a loft. If the Porsche ballasts are particularly efficient and don't get too hot, they will be used to reduce the chances of detection.

Modern LED grow lights are far more efficient and produce far less heat.

Some people also stole my dads mini front lights like 10 years ago or something. reached into the car with a long hook through the frameless side window, popped the hood and made off with the two xenon light systems. so at least no damage, apart from the msising lights. no idea why. replacements were insanely expensive, iirc... so may have just been parts-money.

Modern LED grow lights are far more efficient and produce far less heat.
I don't care what you think, people are doing it for that reason. That might be idiots, who knows? Also stolen lights are free and criminals like free.

I don't care what you think, people are doing it for that reason. That might be idiots, who knows? Also stolen lights are free and criminals like free.

It's not what I think, it is what I know. HID bulbs are what threw off most of the heat, the ballast are not that much of a problem.

This sounds like a bad theory that the police made up.

Any vehicle can get stuck on a beach, especially with full pressure in the tires. The problem with the Cybertruck is the low-profile low-resistance tires have very little traction and you can't air them down due to the dumb wheel covers.