Nurburgring Webcam

Looks like someone might have a red 968. Not completely sure though.

http://img244.imageshack.**/img244/7476/webcam1li6.jpg

^ Not just the two of you!

whoa that dude in the green golf must likey the ring

ive spotted him wating at the gate to go round again lol! in a golf!

Do some people just go on the 'ring for a leisurely drive? Every video I see of the ring shows a bunch of people poking along in their econobox getting passed by some supercar. It's kind of funny. If I was gonna drive on the ring, I'd go all out.

and die.

I went round only 2 or 3 times, first lap I went REAAAAAALLY slow, second one a little bit faster but still slow an I almost missed a corner and did only ~80kmh

The ring is notorious for being one of the hardest and most treacherous tracks out there, so going all out in your first lap is certain death

That's the best way to go.

No, but seriously, I mean I just htink it's funny that people are driving nonperformance orientated cars on there. It's one thing if you are learning, but I mean why wouldn't you atleast drive someting better equipped for that kind of driving?

Well, you are on a racetrack, so you certainly drive a lot harder than on the street. But there is still a difference between driving hard and going all out, especially if you've never done it before.

One can only wonders as to one's reasons to do certain things....

in other words, i have nfc why people drive their normal non-sporty cars out there... I would love to go round the ring, but i'm not going to do it in my mighty 60bhp ford fiesta....

you actually don?t really need massive power to go quick on the ring, sure, on the straights you are slow but all that really matters is good cornering....so your better of with a 60ps fiesta than with a 250ps jeep :)

stop whining, I have the 50hp version ;)

That's the best way to go.

No, but seriously, I mean I just htink it's funny that people are driving nonperformance orientated cars on there. It's one thing if you are learning, but I mean why wouldn't you atleast drive someting better equipped for that kind of driving?

Lack of financial background? I pretty much would've liked to take something different than my car, but since that's the only thing I have - why not? (Going for your fastest lap time is one thing, others - especially cars that aren't primarily intended to be used as a race car on a race track - are just driving there for sheer pleasure!)

just look at it this way:
the less power you have, the smoother and better you have to drive, which is more difficult. you have to carry a boatload of speed through the corner and get the exits just right.
more power is more fun, but from a driving standpoint it is more of a challenge to have a little engine.