Portal 2 [Contains spoilers, you've been warned!]

Just pre-ordered my copy on steam, glad I did because it's going to take a day to download 10GB. :lol:

I was almost pissed off, but then:

Please note: If you pre-ordered any of these games on BestBuy.com prior to April 17, you will receive a $10 digital coupon via e-mail.

:D

I just watched a game complete on the GLaDOS@Home site, it knocked 45 minutes off the time. 7 more games knocking off the same would be 5.25 hours but with 15 hours knocked off already by 6 games who knows what it could be.

God this release is killing me. I can't wait until the counter is finished so I can finally have a decent nights sleep.

Well I'm getting my copy Tuesday regardless of what happens. Sooo I don't really care.

I can't believe how crazy people are getting about trying to knock down the release date. A matter of hours or even days really doesn't justify expenditure on other games.

On the other hand, kudos to Valve for figuring out a really good way of getting people to play interesting games.

So, the question is: do all the bars need to be full for the game to release early? Or will it be released at the "Projected Launch" time? Even so, the "Projected Launch" time is still during my classes, unless a couple more bars get filled.

Starch based power cells engaged! Whatever that means, the spud count is going down now, release when it gets to 0?

'Active Test Subjects' is now at 9 instead of 0. Again, no idea what it means.

Last edited:
I might play a few test chambers tomorrow, got an assignment to finish and document for Wednesday plus a lab tomorrow at 6 PM.

In any case, online co-op is off until the summer.

I'm skipping some classes tomorrow for this, hope it launches early. Edit: made a calculation and the potatoes should run out in 11 hours.

Last edited:
I might go to the 6 PM lab without reading anything about what we're supposed to do. :lol: We're getting the release at about 11:30 AM, so about 3-4 hours of gameplay tomorrow will be possible in my case.

You're taking college way to seriously. Or your professors are very serious. Ours don't give a flying fuck about what happens during the semester, we just need to not miss any laboratories. I'm not saying I'm really happy about it but that's the situation.

I know I'm late to the punch, but thr number of potatoes is going down. Fast.