Post Your Watches

Off topic, but who is NH?

I am now jealous <_<

I think I'll have a while to wait to justify spending upwards of $3k for a used one. A timeless (lol) piece though. Definitely as classic as a black and white tux or a shirt and jeans.

I have to be honest and say it is a fake (I think), albeit a very good one. It has all of the functionality and looks of the real thing. If I had thousands I might buy a real one but I've had this one for years and there's not a scratch on it (has a crystal face, not glass), the only thing I'm missing out on is the resale. Oh, and it was a gift. These quality fakes aren't cheap and I probably wouldn't fork out so much for a fake myself.

Meh, a Tag heuer quartz...
You just bought yourself a prius watch.

I agree with you. I don't see the point of spending that much on a watch with a cheap, unexciting quartz movement. $100 is the absolute max you should spend on a quartz IMO...

I have to be honest and say it is a fake (I think), albeit a very good one. It has all of the functionality and looks of the real thing. If I had thousands I might buy a real one but I've had this one for years and there's not a scratch on it (has a crystal face, not glass), the only thing I'm missing out on is the resale. Oh, and it was a gift. These quality fakes aren't cheap and I probably wouldn't fork out so much for a fake myself.

As far as that Rolex goes, certainly it's impossible to tell from that picture, but one of the easiest ways to tell a fake is the date magnifier. It should be 2 1/2 times magnification, nearly all replicas don't have that, from what I can tell from the pictures the magnifier is the right magnification. Bezel pearl... hard to say from that angle. Crown guards, well hard to say from that angle whether they overlap the crown or not, it almost looks like they do, but again it's hard to say from that angle. The crown looks proper size though. To me, the text on the dial doesn't look spaced right in reference to the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock indexes (the 6 looks too wide as well).

I think it's either a very good and expensive replica, or a very bad angle to take a picture of a real one.

As far as that Rolex goes, certainly it's impossible to tell from that picture, but one of the easiest ways to tell a fake is the date magnifier. It should be 2 1/2 times magnification, nearly all replicas don't have that, from what I can tell from the pictures the magnifier is the right magnification. Bezel pearl... hard to say from that angle. Crown guards, well hard to say from that angle whether they overlap the crown or not, it almost looks like they do, but again it's hard to say from that angle. The crown looks proper size though. To me, the text on the dial doesn't look spaced right in reference to the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock indexes (the 6 looks too wide as well).

I think it's either a very good and expensive replica, or a very bad angle to take a picture of a real one.

Yeah I had a look for how to tell and I'd say the telling factor is the magnifying bubble, I don't think it's the full 2x (is it that hard to make?).

It has the serial numbers stamped on the bands/ends, the micro-etched crown on the face is there, the rubber seal on the crown is there etc.

Things that I'm not qualified enough to distinguish, is the micro-etched crown the correct shape, is the rubber seal the correct type, are the crown guards the correct shape?

But if it didn't have Rolex written on it, if it were some obscure, cheap brand, I'd still like it. It's a quality watch and looks good. :)

The best way to determine it's fakeness is to just open the back at a watch repair guy and check if the movement is authentic. I wouldn't go to an authorized dealer with a possible fake one as I don't know if they will even give it back to you.

What do you guys think of this:

product1_20734.jpg

Smith and Wesson? They obviously aren't watch makers, so what it is is a cheapish generic (most likely Chinese made) quartz watch dressed up to look nice. Basically the same as most other fashion watches, a blinged up $10-15 watch they're charging $70-200 for. Keep in mind, a quartz movement is a quartz movement, there isn't much you can do to make it really high quality, so they're all more or less the same, and cheap to make (there's a reason little kids can get watches from one of those little machines at a grocery store you put a few quarters in).

May not be pretty, but that's what I think of that watch. I'm sure it's quite functional and will work well, but I have this thing about non-watch making companies branding generic watches (they never have an actual makers name, only a source country or two for parts of the watch), as you may be able to tell.

Nevermind, found my answer. Damned.

Last edited:
I originally used the ol' Mobile as the time keeping device...

But i recently got given this. A Tag watch :) Its brilliant as its robust as fook. So i can get on at work etc without worrying about it :)

Its ?725 here, we bought it for about $725 while over in the States.

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/the-wa...a-1/TAG-HEUER-Gents-Alarm-Formula1-Watch.html

10146.jpg

FAIL at the description btw... ;)

Fantastic choice! Never mind all the Prius comments. It's a brilliant watch to keep as a collection.

I was thinking about buying the exact same watch about 6 months ago, but kind of got drifted away and spent the money on other stuff.

Anyway, I've decided to add the watch onto my Nov/Dec wish list (we all know the reason behind the choice :rolleyes: )

Edit : Sorry to point it out after you've made the purchase, but the watch is priced around $650 at most shops. And I got that price from one of the jewellery store in Vegas (Caesar palace I think)

Last edited:
http://img5.imageshack.**/img5/9916/armani01t.jpghttp://img5.imageshack.**/img5/armani01t.jpg/1/w382.png

http://img194.imageshack.**/img194/9127/armani02.jpghttp://img194.imageshack.**/img194/armani02.jpg/1/w392.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vRS
I doubt these were actually made by Emporio Armani...just like that Smith and Wesson watch above. Is there any information on who actually makes them?

Same thing with my adidas Chronograph watch...it was made under license by adidas, but the actual manufacturer is Fossil, so it's still a pretty good watch. I should know that - I've had it for more than a year now and it has been absolutely perfect...

Although I'm thinking about getting a new watch. What do you guys think of these two:
payslip_20090427151228.jpg

DAVIS@15.jpg

Yeah, I know Casio is far from the best brand, but I really like the looks...

Yeah, I know Casio is far from the best brand, but I really like the looks...

That's how I felt about the Invicta I bought. I know it's probably crap, but I like it. :)

I like those two, too.

I wonder how authentic are they though...I can only find them on the EU Casio website and eBay, always shipped from Hong Kong or Malaysia...:hmm::hmm::hmm: Something smells fishy...

#1) Are there places that bother making a counterfeit Casio?
#2) Where do you think the real ones are made? :p

I've seen both of those on various daily-deal sites.

Where can you buy that black one? It looks awesome.

Last edited:
Nice, not overtly fancy but still quite good quality.

I'm waiting on my Bell-Matic to come back from the watchmakers from it's full overhaul. Should be a another couple months :?