Post Your Watches

299-2830618spa71uc548282m-2892.jpg

At first, I naturally assumed you wore it on the left hand, and thus promptly wondered where the hell on your arm you carried it and what that strange lump to the left was... only a bit later did I realise that it's your right hand. :lol:

I've had this for 8 years:

jr3090-58l-citizen-skyhawk-blue-angels-pilots-watch-large.jpg

No battery changes ever :D

After finally accepting that my old faithful watch I had for 7 years is lost, I'm on the prowl for a replacement watch. I can't afford anything spectacular, but I have really grown fond of this Tissot:

51j9xblydKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Its the Tissot Men's T17.1.586.52 PRC 200 Chronograph. Amazon wants around $300, it can be found on eBay for around $150. Does anyone have any experience with Tissot? I don't expect it to last forever, but i want it to last no less than 10 years.

Last edited:
If you treat it with respect it will last just fine. Tissot isn't the biggest or best name in watches, but they are by no means worth tossing out. That watch has a quartz movement, so it's going to keep time consistently, it also isn't all that special as a quartz movement, but keep a good battery in it and you won't have problems. Sapphire crystal is good, you'll have a hard time scratching it. If you like it, it will be good for you.

I figure I'll ask here:

I'm looking for a watch with a silver band, dark face (blue or black) which is not quartz but is also not expensive. Similar to the watch I have now, just classier.

For reference, here is the watch I have now:

citizen_bk1410_57L.jpg

I really, really like it, but I kinda want a cool dude mechanical one so I'm cool.

I figure I'll ask here:

I'm looking for a watch with a silver band, dark face (blue or black) which is not quartz but is also not expensive. Similar to the watch I have now, just classier.

I really, really like it, but I kinda want a cool dude mechanical one so I'm cool.

Seiko 5 Automatic? There are a ton of different dials and bands to choose from.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=seiko+5+automatic&x=0&y=0

I figure I'll ask here:

citizen_bk1410_57L.jpg

Get a Seiko 5. Very reliable 21-jewel automatic (self-winding) mechanical movement and a huge variety of available faces from classy to sporty. Check on eBay or Amazon, or any one of many online sellers.

EDIT: Watch guys think alike :lol:

Last edited:
After finally accepting that my old faithful watch I had for 7 years is lost, I'm on the prowl for a replacement watch. I can't afford anything spectacular, but I have really grown fond of this Tissot:

51j9xblydKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Its the Tissot Men's T17.1.586.52 PRC 200 Chronograph. Amazon wants around $300, it can be found on eBay for around $150. Does anyone have any experience with Tissot? I don't expect it to last forever, but i want it to last no less than 10 years.

i have a tissot PRS200, and love every bit of it, bought it second hand half a year ago, so can't comment on how long it will last, but they are very sturdy and they shine nicely :D

51fXAMCwgPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Another happy Tissot owner here.

With regards to the PRC200, Blue face + silver hands > Black face + yellow hands.

hey.
21st coming up and family tradition to get a rolex. at the moment tossing up between stainless daytona with black face and a stainless submariner.
just wondering what you guys think of those two watches.
Rolex-2349.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.**/img254/4397/16610bfullcf5.jpg

Last edited:
I've always loved the submariner, that'd be my choice. I also like the Sea Dweller and GMT Master. Tough choice.

My fake Submariner has bitten the dust. Couldn't stand up to the abuse my 1yo dished out! Guess I need a replacement but you can bet it won't be a real Rolex! That's an awesome 21st, even if you might prefer something different right now.

i'd go for the first one no doubt

i also want a rolex :(