Project CARS

Holy shitballs, that looks insane!

Looks great. I wonder if Shift 3 will have the same quality-looking gameplay.

I joined and I'm extremely pleased as well. With every build it is just getting better and better. It's hard as nails to dominate and reeeally rewarding once you the behaviour of each type of car. I chose the Team member membership and I'm really pleased with my investment.

Thread revival inspired me to buy a junior toolkit. Downloading now. I don't really play racing games, but I love the idea of this project so much I have to support it, even if only a tiny bit.

I bought the junior kit as well, i wasn't impressed. But i guess it'll become better as it moves along...

Got the junior kit, tried it out for half an hour, and what can I say, render me impressed! Wish all the best to the project. Visuals are already top notch, physics are getting there, and development team seems very active and responsive. And they have a freaking ex-Stig on board! If you've read some of his feedback, it's very detailed and constructive.

This might be finally the sim for me to get onboard after leaving LFS.

Their forums have a ton of information already, which is a little difficult to absorb. I just wish there was some sort of online game even at this early stage, it will make or break the game for me.

I'm thinking of looking into a steering wheel and pedals, but I get the impression that anything really worth buying is at least $100, and that's a bit steep for me.

This looks better every day, check out this track!

Last edited:
I really have got to get a wheel. It's fun with the 360 controller, but I know I'm missing out on so much.

This looks better every day, check out this track!

Are those your vids Eunos? If so super impressive, the more and more i see of it I get more tempted to get one of the memberships.

If they are your vids what's your PC spec that you're running on and graphics settings you get with that?

I haven't played since I got my GTX560, but the GT 450 that preceded it was able to run it very smoothly with impressive visuals.

Karoug is tempting me every day with videos of this, i may get the junior kit soon.jpg

Definitely not my videos. My computer couldn't handle CARS at any level I'm afraid. :/

Are those your vids Eunos? If so super impressive, the more and more i see of it I get more tempted to get one of the memberships.

If they are your vids what's your PC spec that you're running on and graphics settings you get with that?

I'm able to run the game smoothly at 60 fps at DX9 high settings with a:

Intel Quad Core Q9400 @2.66 GHz
8GB RAM DDR2 Kingston HyperX
Nvidia GTX 260 (no DX11 for me :( )

It amazes me that GT5's rendering engine, at it's best, still looks better than that. Technically inferior, yes, but so much prettier somehow. I cannot wait to see how good it will look on the PS4.