Stupid Driver Stories

Ah, I thought she was implying that her car slowed down on its own, like there was something wrong with it. Of course I try to hardly ever brake on the highway, when someone brakes in front of you there's not always much you can do.

Yea, I just speed up for that shit and make them get back behind me.

Joys of having a manual transmission car reason #283: Causing the person behind you to jump on the brakes cause you can slow down without yours.

Joys of knowing how to repair and modify cars item number #776: Causing the idiot tailgater behind you to have to panic brake because you hit your brake light kill switch then hammered your own brake pedal. Regardless of transmission.

Last edited:
Joys of knowing how to repair and modify cars item number #776: Causing the idiot tailgater behind you to have to panic brake because you hit your brake light kill switch then hammered your own brake pedal. Regardless of transmission.

This.

Trying to keep it legal.

'Brake checking' someone isn't exactly legal anyway....

Driver doing 25 in a 40 does not appreciate my "wake the fuck up and stop driving like a retard" horn usage and flashing high beams and makes his thoughts known with a gesture out the window. Whatever. I blow by at the earliest convenient safe spot. He REALLY doesn't like that and floors it to catch up to me. After a few turns (which led literally nowhere and made no sense for anyone to ever make) it was obvious he was following me and VERY irate.

So I stepped on it and found that he was still sticking to me despite some legitimately dangerous speeds. Figuring there's no way I'm going to get rid of this guy without sliding out, I head towards the police station and turn in. The bastard starts to turn in after me, but once he spots that I've just pulled up window-to-window with a cop, he pulls back out and FLOORS IT out of there. I exchange a few words with the officer (who I happen to be on a first name basis with on account of having partied with him a few times)

"Hey Officer <suchandsuch> That guy was just following me."
"Yeah, and that turnaround he made looked like reckless driving to me. See you later."

I hang out in the cop lot for a few minutes to get my adrenaline back down, and am highly amused when two more officers leave, including one with the drug dog. I later drive by and there's this guy, bent over the front of a police cruiser and handcuffed, his belongings spread out on the hood and 4 police officers and a dog searching every inch of the car.

All because a moron that couldn't drive correctly decided to take it personally when someone else could.

^ I've told my mum i could always do something similar to that in the case someone takes offence at me courtesy waving them as they blow past me (something I do to infuriate them even further as over here it tends to mean you don't know that they are mad at you), as I make coffee for a fair few of the cops around my area on a regular basis and are good friends with a few. She knows somebody who had someone tail them for doing that, pulled over and was abused and had garbage throuwn through their window.

I'm sorry, but anybody who a) pulls over when being tailed anywhere but in front of the nearest police station* and b) cannot make a decent attempt (like EyeMWing did, going quicker, taking some creative and long-winded routes, etc) to shake somebody off should turn their licence in and not be allowed to drive ever again. That just shows idiocy beyond all reason.

* this lady pulled over in front of her house. What. the. hell. You don't let them know where you live or pull over on a quiet back street with no witnesses!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Driver doing 25 in a 40 does not appreciate my "wake the fuck up and stop driving like a retard" horn usage and flashing high beams and makes his thoughts known with a gesture out the window. Whatever. I blow by at the earliest convenient safe spot. He REALLY doesn't like that and floors it to catch up to me. After a few turns (which led literally nowhere and made no sense for anyone to ever make) it was obvious he was following me and VERY irate.

So I stepped on it and found that he was still sticking to me despite some legitimately dangerous speeds. Figuring there's no way I'm going to get rid of this guy without sliding out, I head towards the police station and turn in. The bastard starts to turn in after me, but once he spots that I've just pulled up window-to-window with a cop, he pulls back out and FLOORS IT out of there. I exchange a few words with the officer (who I happen to be on a first name basis with on account of having partied with him a few times)

"Hey Officer <suchandsuch> That guy was just following me."
"Yeah, and that turnaround he made looked like reckless driving to me. See you later."

I hang out in the cop lot for a few minutes to get my adrenaline back down, and am highly amused when two more officers leave, including one with the drug dog. I later drive by and there's this guy, bent over the front of a police cruiser and handcuffed, his belongings spread out on the hood and 4 police officers and a dog searching every inch of the car.

All because a moron that couldn't drive correctly decided to take it personally when someone else could.

LOL

That is awesome. Damn, wish I knew LEOs on a first name basis!

When I secome across some accidents on the Autobahn, I always think the same: "How can someone have a crash on a straight road?"

Well, now i've got the answer: Saw this today infront of my dashcam: http://www.youtube.com/user/lipadier#p/a/u/0/dz4bXFvh-fg

I have no idea if he did it on purpose or not. Anyway, what an fucking idiot.

Greetings, lip

Last edited:
When I secome across some accidents on the Autobahn, I always think the same: "How can someone have a crash on a straight road?"

Well, now i've got the answer: Saw this today infront of my dashcam: http://www.youtube.com/user/lipadier#p/a/u/0/dz4bXFvh-fg

Greetings, lip

I am very impressed that you didn't lay on your horn. Honestly.

lip, your videos look like they're filmed from a RC helicopter of some sort, not a dash cam. Anyway, the Punto driver was a total moron

How have you attached the camera?

Greetings, lip
I barely even notice these at thsi point, people can't drive for shit.

lip, your videos look like they're filmed from a RC helicopter of some sort, not a dash cam. Anyway, the Punto driver was a total moron
Yeah, as awesome as it is that you have a dash cam, you need to work on your aspect ratio.

Oh, and that's not an uncommon sight at all around here. Lots of fun when 18 wheeler trucks drift out of their lanes...

I just watched a guy in a new 3-series pull up into a parking spot alongside a busy street in downtown Ann Arbor, get out, put his money INTO THE WRONG METER, then walk away.

I seriously never even bother with my horn because I would have to use it constantly if I did.

I don't bother with my horn because it's no louder than a mouse coughing. Fucking Honda horns.