Stupid Driver Stories

^ That is awesome! :thumbsup:

BTW witnessed a bit of old fashioned 'I'll just cut across three lanes of traffic right in front of everyone else pulling away from the traffic lights because I need to get into the right lane to make a right turn at the last possible minute and cause the entire line of traffic to stomp on their brakes,' from a fellow Jazz driver today. Stupid woman, doing nothing for the 'women drivers' stigma there and a pushy one at that. :mad:

^We call that a Long Island right here. It's pretty much normal, only it's normally done on the highway.

Stupid woman

I knew it. As I was reading your post, one thought came to my mind: it must've been a woman's fault. Bingo. :lol:

Was driving down a dual carriageway this evening, when I looked up to see a bright yellow Lupo pull out into the outside lane right into the side of a van. She was indeed blonde.

Yesterday, I was at a roundabout. While crossing it, two young boy in an old Audi A3 (quite well maintained, I admit it, but basic model), cut me off, so I honked (hard, but not with rage). The imbecil at the wheels didn't stop anyway, then slowed down and waited for me to exit, then followed me. I could see from the rearview mirror that he was quite mad and swerving and acelarating like a fool. At the following roundabout, I stopped at the priority sign, and he showed up on my left. Both the guys in the car were saying something in a hey-look-at-me-I'm-so-full-of-testosterone-I-can-only-move-double-speed, style. For once, I couldn't be bothered at all, so I haven't pretty much even looked at them and drove away on the right, towards the exit. They followed again, driving like a turkey trying yo show off and then they sped-up towards god-only-knows (and nobody-really-cares) where.

My hate for arrogant people actually trascended into "who cares about those two idiots?"

Today I saw someone with a horse box trying to get through a McDrive.

I guess I don't have to go into details :D

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but here's another thing that happens to me every single day:

Driving in the outside lane in moderate traffic, I leave a reasonable amount of space between the car in front of me and my own. You know the whole driving school "3 second rule?" I do something like 2. Of course, in Massachusetts this is a GAPING HOLE and drivers will speed up behind me, tailgate for a few minutes, then swerve around the car, undertake, and cut me off, only to brake hard for the person in front of me. YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE JUST BECAUSE I LEFT SPACE DOES NOT MEAN I AM GOING SLOWER THAN THE CAR IN FRONT. I've taken closing the gap a bit if I see that incoming.

EDIT: by 'outside lane' I mean 'fast lane,' which is the left lane over here... which is actually more like the inside lane... you get the idea

Last edited:

When I was little my mom did that once. She ended up knocking over a sign that was hanging too low.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but here's another thing that happens to me every single day:

Driving in the outside lane in moderate traffic, I leave a reasonable amount of space between the car in front of me and my own. You know the whole driving school "3 second rule?" I do something like 2. Of course, in Massachusetts this is a GAPING HOLE and drivers will speed up behind me, tailgate for a few minutes, then swerve around the car, undertake, and cut me off, only to brake hard for the person in front of me. YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE JUST BECAUSE I LEFT SPACE DOES NOT MEAN I AM GOING SLOWER THAN THE CAR IN FRONT. I've taken closing the gap a bit if I see that incoming.

EDIT: by 'outside lane' I mean 'fast lane,' which is the left lane over here... which is actually more like the inside lane... you get the idea

2 seconds? YOU ARE WASTING ROAD SPACE, 2 NANO SECONDS is more like it :D

Was driving down a dual carriageway this evening, when I looked up to see a bright yellow Lupo pull out into the outside lane right into the side of a van. She was indeed blonde.

I nearly did that on the M1 a while ago, but that was because of the enormous blind spot the Series III has that I hadn't noticed before because I rarely drive on dual carriageways or motorways. I missed him though so everything is fine.

We have the 2 second rule.

I used to have an old 1956 Double Decker (bright yellow, with red wheelarches - proper Noddy colours), which I took through the McD's Drive-thru in Bridgwaterfor a laugh...
I only bought a milkshake though, 'cos I'm vegetarian. :mrgreen:

Got some great looks on a busy Saturday, I can tell you! :lol:

I used to have an old 1956 Double Decker (bright yellow, with red wheelarches - proper Noddy colours), which I took through the McD's Drive-thru in Bridgwaterfor a laugh...
I only bought a milkshake though, 'cos I'm vegetarian. :mrgreen:

Got some great looks on a busy Saturday, I can tell you! :lol:

You held everybody up for a milkshake? :lol:

Our local McDrive has a roof, so you'd never get a bus in there. Well, not without knocking half of the building down anyway.

Aw sweetie you need to learn to leave less than a car length at 65 in this state :lol: Stopping distance is only workable on a clear road.

Yea, I just speed up for that shit and make them get back behind me.

Joys of having a manual transmission car reason #283: Causing the person behind you to jump on the brakes cause you can slow down without yours.

my car is automatic and I hardly ever use the brakes to slow down.

One of my favorite bands has had 10+ years of ongoing issues trying to get their tour bus through McDrives. They made a video of the process while on tour this past summer.

No I don't have to use the brakes even in automatic mode.