"The Expendables", could it be the most epic movie of all time?

FUCK YEAH!!!

Although the fact that it will be shot in Bulgaria is a bit discouraging. Films shot there never do well. They have that "cheap" feeling, but hopefully since this is such a big release they will manage to avoid it.

Just saw the first one. Meh :|

Scott Adkins and Liam Hemsworth joins the cast.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/09/which-expendable-should-scott-adkins-punch-in-the-face-first.php

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82346

adkins_800_600.jpg

scott-adkins-fanz-q-and-a_main.jpg

Sly has arrived, shooting has commenced!

photo_verybig_132529.jpg

Sylvester Stallone in Sofia for 'The Expendables 2', Vows to Make Bulgarians Proud
2011-09-29 16:47:46

The US movie star, Sylvester Stallone, arrived in Bulgaria's capital Sofia on Thursday for the shooting of the much anticipated sequel to "The Expendables", whose driver the action movie legend is believed to be.

Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren and Jean-Claude Van Damme are among the cult action heroes expected to star in the movie that is to be directed by Simon West.

"The Expendables 2" has a budget of over USD 80 M and its shooting will take place mainly at the Sofia-based NU Boyana studios. Hundreds of Bulgarian professionals are employed alongside their foreign colleagues to participate in the shooting process.

The actor promised his Bulgarian fans that they will feel very proud because of what is going to happen in their country.

"The fight scenes in this movie will be much bigger and better than those in the first part. The scale of production is much larger, so it will get people in Bulgaria feel very proud. I want to tell them that we will have a great time and will spend lots of money here, which will help the economy. At the end everyone will be a winner", said Stallone.

Already in July, Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) learned some exciting casting news for the upcoming action movie.

"Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, John Travolta, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke...who else? Of course, Bruce Willis," NU Boyana studios CEO David Varod told Novinite in an exclusive interview upon asked about the movie's ensemble cast.

This is the second time Sylvester Stallone visits Bulgaria. The Hollywood superstar arrived here for the first time in September 2008, reportedly looking for locations for his new Rambo 5 movie and even met the then Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov, currently a prime minister of the country and an ardent fan of Sly.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=132529

The first one wasn't high art, it was entertaining, things went BOOM! and Lundgren stole the show. My only complaint is the movie SHOULD of been made 15 or 20 years ago when those guys were in their prime, not for the most part in their 50's or older.

i am grateful manly movies are being made once again. only once in the past like 15 years has there been a truly "ME AM MAN! *pound on chest*" movie other than the Expendables and that was 300

bring on the manly gunfights and manly explosions and manly one liners.

MANLY!

MANLY!

The first one wasn't high art, it was entertaining, things went BOOM! and Lundgren stole the show. My only complaint is the movie SHOULD of been made 15 or 20 years ago when those guys were in their prime, not for the most part in their 50's or older.
Yeah, but that time ago each of them were busy making their own hits and were the centre of attention in all their movies.. And guys like Jason Statham probably wasn't even very well known

Yeah, but that time ago each of them were busy making their own hits and were the centre of attention in all their movies.. And guys like Jason Statham probably wasn't even very well known

When the 3 guys above were in their "prime" Jason was 20 y.o., he didn't star in his first movie until he was 30. I am glad this wasn't made in the 80s, then it would just have been another action movie. Now it is an epic awesome trip down memory lane for those of us who were young when above mentioned guys were kicking ass for the first time,

From an article with more more pics of Arnie here.

If the producers had a time machine, I'm sure they would have. Since I know you're joking I won't even start to point out why your statement makes little sense.

I finished watching the first movie a few nights ago, it was fun but even for an 80s style explosion action film it wasn't that great. Everything was so paint-the-numbers in the script n plotting, what would have made it better IMHO would have been more 'breaking the 4th wall' self referential jokes or do more of the subtle parodying of the very action films that inspired it.

Chuck Fucking Norris
JCVFuckingD

:blowup:

:w00t:

Cross-posted from the Awesome Thread:

http://img94.imageshack.**/img94/7030/expend2poster1.jpg

That's the official poster!!! :w00t:

HOLY SHIT!!!

Edit: Hang on, if it's the official poster how come the names on the bottom are all gibberish? (And no, that's not Bulgarian)

Last edited: