The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Oooh, that's so incredibly bad for Tesla. This is laying the groundwork for, at best, gross negligence and at worse, involuntary manslaughter.

Killing blow for Tesla: The cars do not get new license plates​

IF Metall's strike will stop new Tesla cars from being put into service. The reason is the sympathy measure that blocks Postnord's handling of mail to Tesla.
According to the Swedish Transport Agency, registration plates may not be distributed in any other way.
Tesla rages against the "disproportionate action" of the authority and state-owned Postnord.

What's the Swedish for "Schadenfreude"?

Thank you!

Only Tesla fanboys would think this is a "win" on an articulation ramp.

1701276824242.png

Or anyone who doesn't have the faintest idea of what an articulation ramp is, what it's used for, or have little to no interest in cars.

But I repeat myself.

The funny thing is that balance point is probably so close to tipping that a person lifting the driver's rear corner could tip the whole vehicle off the ramp.

I would need a variation, I knew he was crazy before (Hyperloop was a good indication) and that was fine. I didn't know how much of an anus he was.

clickbait-ruining-small-print: for an OTA software update. Big whoop.

There’s enough stuff actually wrong with the company to complain about, as should be evident from this thread of 55 pages, that I honestly don’t get why absolute non-issues like that have to be jazzed up like that…

There’s enough stuff actually wrong with the company to complain about, as should be evident from this thread of 55 pages, that I honestly don’t get why absolute non-issues like that have to be jazzed up like that…

1000 crashes later, they probably should have done this in 2016.

Will be interesting to see how many of the civil lawsuits benefit from this.

Regardless of how the recall is done, OTA or in a shop, it's still recognizing a serious safety issue with the vehicles and a big mark against a software development approach to cars. Recalling every vehicle produced by a company is a massive move and one that calls into question all of Tesla's development and testing as well as the regulations over car safety. Tesla excels in crash tests, but their driver aids have always been suspect and have resulted in numerous court cases.

There are a lot of people who were killed by Tesla cars who never bought one and signed no EULA waiving their right to seek damages from Tesla. Far from a Nothing Burger, this may be the piece needed for many court cases against Tesla to go forward - and ones with huge implications. It's also likely to come up again regarding updating safety and testing legislation, which is woefully behind the current technology.

It's also likely to come up again regarding updating safety and testing legislation, which is woefully behind the current technology.
100%. As with most technology, regulation is playing catch up… which is not a situation you want, especially with safety related stuff.

Still: most of this boils down to Tesla not taking enough precaution to make sure their drivers aren’t being idiots… which, at least to me, is very weird. There have been court cases about their communications regarding autopilot before, I think - but I find the liability chain off: if you put a driver aid in a car, you have to make sure people don’t misuse it? And if the driver aid isn’t there… people are free to misuse the car in whatever the he’ll way they please just because it’s always been that way? What the fuck kind of logic is that?

I think it has more to do with "is the product working as intended" and "did Tesla know about the problems and hide them"?

These questions speak to negligence rather than misuse. If the customer is using the product as it is advertised and intended to be used and the product failed, that's not the fault of the customer. Now, if the customer is sticking a water bottle on the steering wheel, that's different.