The "New Toys" Thread

just picked up this for times I work on huge projects at home

wired_keyboard20070813.gif

excellent choice, i have one too (had to get wired since for some unknown reason the wireless version doesnt have the numerical key pad!)

its so easy to type on, and type fast and accurately on. so i think you'll love it.

also, dont forget theres actually 2 USB ports on this thing....as theyre hidden i always always forget that i actually have 2 more ports to plug things in

(had to get wired since for some unknown reason the wireless version doesnt have the numerical key pad!)

I think they made the wireless one something you can use on your couch and your big screen tv, where you don't really need a numeric keypad :)

Never tested one though, maybe when our new iMacs will arrive at my school ^^

I don't understand why you'd use a keyboard for that unless it has a built in mouse of some sort, and at that point you might as well get a media remote.

dun really work too well on your lap though...

I really don't like the Mighty Mouse.

It's just nowhere near as ergonomic as Logitech's offerings. I like Apple, but let's face it, they've always sucked at making mice. Remember that horrible little hockey puck thing that came with the original iMac?

450_2710p.jpg

Work just supplied me with this, HP Compaq 2710p, lovely tablet pc!

Work just supplied me with this, HP Compaq 2710p, lovely tablet pc!

oh oh, do tell your opinion of it after you've had a chance to test it out. i have a HP TC4200 right now, and if i were to upgrade to a newer one like that, the 2700's is probably what i would upgrade to.

It won't get its proper roadtest for a couple of weeks, at the moment i'm still in training for parts of the job so mostly it will be just used for checking my emails. Once i'm out on the road i'll get a chance to try out the functionality of it a bit more

I have the HP tx2525 tablet.. I'll post a review in a couple of weeks about it.

The tablet part is nice, but not used as much as I thought I would.

nice, that's the other one i've been looking at. the tx2500 series is much better than the tx1000, as it has an active digitizer rather than passive. also, yours has a touchpad, and the 2700 does not, just the stick mouse. and if you don't mind, add in how much you got it for when you write up your review, as a comparison to how much i might be able to get it for at school.

It's just nowhere near as ergonomic as Logitech's offerings. I like Apple, but let's face it, they've always sucked at making mice. Remember that horrible little hockey puck thing that came with the original iMac?

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000... I swear by it :D Bluetooth check, massive for my massive fingers check, enough buttons with being totally retarded check :D

finally, after much deliberation, and about 4 years after everyone else and their mom, I got this as a bday present:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/08/146_4688.JPG

I have the wireless mighty mouse and I kinda regret it, it's nice for normal work, but the i noticed a few issues with it.

• it's too flat flat for me
  • you can't right click with your left finger on the left button
  • the mouse ball is too sensitive with games using the mouse wheel

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000... I swear by it :D Bluetooth check, massive for my massive fingers check, enough buttons with being totally retarded check :D

thank you, I am officially buying this for my macbook now.

edit: only thing I dislike... I don't have two thumbs, put the fucking forward button on the left side.

Then get the Logitech MX1000 or 1100.

MX1000 FTMFW. I couldn't live without it.