Tickets for Filming Now Available

Has anyone else noticed the section under 'Preferred Studio Audience Date (pick a maximum of 3)'? Filming is on Thursday 18 September and Friday 19 September for the first two episodes. Both those dates are full but it says the next six episodes have tickets free. I'd expect that if you got tickets for the full dates you would know by now.

The dates seem a bit odd, with two days in a row followed by a fortnight gap and then two weekly until they finish the series. The problem is that the news may be out of date before the episode airs, at least with the episodes filmed on the second day. I suppose it saves costs though.

I'd expect that if you got tickets for the full dates you would know by now.

This is true.
I missed out, but a mate got tickets (thursday, presumably ep 1) so I'll be there. :cool:
I haven't heard where/when it is yet, but will let everyone know how it goes (as long as they don't ask us not to).

update:
filming is at bankstown aerodrome. no cameras allowed unfortunately. need ID, wristband and ticket to get in. Filming is 2.5 hrs. nothing else interesting yet.

update:
filming is at bankstown aerodrome. no cameras allowed unfortunately. need ID, wristband and ticket to get in. Filming is 2.5 hrs. nothing else interesting yet.

Thanks for that. +1 for you!

Quick question ... how did your mate get his tickets? E-mail or post? I'm thinking probably e-mail due to time/cost constraints ... did the application form even have provision for a postal address? I forget now ...

Last edited:
Thanks for that. +1 for you!

Quick question ... how did your mate get his tickets? E-mail or post? I'm thinking probably e-mail due to time/cost constraints ... did the application form even have provision for a postal address? I forget now ...

Tickets and wristbands were mailed out on monday actually, we're within sydney so mail only takes a day.

Tickets and wristbands were mailed out on monday actually, we're within sydney so mail only takes a day.

Thanks for the heads up.
Will keep my eyes on my letterbox. :D

Thanks for the heads up.
Will keep my eyes on my letterbox. :D

Oh right, i see what you were getting at.
Don't get too excited, there was a phone call and a confirmation email with instructions etc first :|

Don't get too excited, there was a phone call and a confirmation email with instructions etc first :|

Actually I'm more excited now. :D Given that a mate and I will be taking a few days off work to (hopefully) go on a road trip to see TGA, we need to organise stuff like annual leave from our respective employers etc. Knowing that there's a phone call ahead of time could be useful for our planning.

Thanks again for all the info, and sorry if I've been a PITA. :D

Looks like they?ve pulled the Studio Audience link off the SBS Top Gear website. Also looks like there is a dedicated TG Aus website under construction: http://www.sbs.com.au/topgearaustralia/
I find the presenters page amusing, with who they have the UK descriptions listed under. (before anyone points it out, I know it isn't finished and that it is placeholder text). Looks quite nice though.

Does anyone know what time recording starts for the show?

If you're interested in the process of acquiring tickets; I have just received an e-mail from FreehandTV offering tickets to the October 8th recording. :D

I'm pretty sure that was not one of the preferred dates I indicated as I am working and on-call that day and I always look at my diary before offering dates for appointments :mad: I still plan to attend as long as we are not required to be there until late in the afternoon.

If anyone else is interested in going, I think I can get 3 guest tickets ... need to know by 25th September (PM me).

Last edited:
Here's my dilema. I recieved the confirmation e-mail and all I had to do was go through and tell them how many tickets I would like for the session. Trouble is, they didn't tell me which one of the three dates I applied for I was successful with!

I've replied to the e-mail but am yet to get a response. I'll have to try their forums as well but I was wondering if anyone else had come across this and found a way to find out?

^ Hmm. I recieved the e-mail through my Gmail account but downloaded with MS Outlook ... this definitely states the date for the tickets. When I view the e-mail using the Gmail interface, that information isn't there ...... unless I run the cursor over the zone between "Top Gear Australia Studio Audience" and "Click Here To Complete Online Form" and highlight the black on black text:
TGCapture.jpg

well, out of the blue, my mate from work has offered me one of his 4 tickets for the October 8 filming!! :dance: :mrgreen:

ill be sure to wear my finalgear shirt!

starts at 4:15pm... goes for about 2.5 hrs

^ 4.15pm ... that's not too bad .. but I'll have to skive off work at about 2.30 to get there in time. Hopefully will see you there.

Thanks Gerfix, that did it. I've missed the cut off date so they will probably already have been allocated :( but I'll try anyway.

It was to the same session that you had the invite for as well.