Wacky Races is coming...are you in?

Wacky Races is coming...are you in?

• Total voters

Jay

the fool on the hill
We need to decide when is a good time for everyone. Remember that it is set on a weekend, spanning 24 hours.

And I remembered that some of you have A levels and end of school coming up.

Or should it be July?

Any time in May/June 6th is good for me.

I just chose the earliest date to make it arrive earlier...

(And we've cooked up a surprise for you "other racers." You will most likely not be expecting it.)

Wacky Races? Hells yeah! You don't expect the inaugural champion to not participate do you?

I'd prefer late June.

Well, your co-champion forgot about it last race, and you were nowhere to be seen, so...

Unless you've skipped the last race to develop this race's car.

/Please let that car be the BMW-Sauber of the race...

Sure, I'll take place in my first ever wacky race. All I have to do is come up with something crazy to drive and remember to participate....

How hard can it be?

Where can I read about what exactly entails a wacky race?

Last edited:
I'll definitely be in. June 20-21 is best for me, It's holidays so I'll have time.

Late June should allow enough time for VonSmythe Industrie to finish the secret "Rolls Royce Victorian" project... :evil:

Well, your co-champion forgot about it last race, and you were nowhere to be seen, so...

Unless you've skipped the last race to develop this race's car.

/Please let that car be the BMW-Sauber of the race...

Heh, yeah I was M.I.A somewhere on the sub-continent with no internets and Lurker was busy/cbf'ed participating, so we did indeed miss the second race.

But be assured that Scuderia Gman-Lurker Brown Shakedown will return stronger than ever with our George "BBQ Spoiler Grille" Foremanator this year.

No rush, any time next month is fine, I've started working on something. ;)

All right I'm in, let me just fit my warp drive and Rock-it launcher onto the Nano...

:lol: This will be good.

June 13-14 could be good. Let's make it a 24-hour race running head-to-head with the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

I'll be watching on both in that event. :D

But no later than that, as it will be exam time from June 22nd up to July 5th for me.

Might I suggest doing two rounds? Maybe even three rounds... take the top XX cars from each one into a final death match on a NASCAR short track, like Bristol, but allow them to have ramps going up into the stands or something... it is the automotive version of a cage match!

I was thinking of maybe a slight change in style this time, thinking of it more as the Cannonball Run instead (without changing the name)

How about we pick a route and set hour markers on it? then we can actually comments on the 'roads' we are 'driving' in the race. Also I think the whole idea of the cannonball run fits the races a bit better.

but then its not wacky and fun. we can't dictate our courses, and we can't run into malls

my car choice will make vonsmythe cringe when they ram/try to destroy it.