What would Frank Bullitt Drive today??

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
I was just scouring around TTAC the other day when I found a similar comment. The question is, what would Frank Bullitt drive today? In my mind, it would have to be fast (obviously), preferably American, V8, loud, and be painted in the same color as the original. The new Bullitt Mustang would be a prime candidate, but it's no where near as fast as the original. My vote would probably go to the soon to come Holden Monaro

holdenvesscommodorecoupe.thumbnail.jpg

The monaro is not an american car. Neither is the GTO.

The new Bullitt Mustang would be a prime candidate, but it's no where near as fast as the original. [/IMG]

1965 Shelby mustang GT350 quarter mile time: 14.9 seconds Source

2008 Ford mustang GT quarter mile time: 13.8 seconds Source

The new one is almost a full second faster, the bulitt is just the GT with some cosmetic crap tacked on.

The question was what would the character drive, not Steve.

Actually a interesting question. I don't think it being American is the key, it needs to be casual, fast, and beautiful, I think the new Monaro has the same problem as most newer sports sedans. No beauty at all but lots of shouty bits, and thats completely wrong.

Hmmmm... I think the current mustang is still the closest answer, but like most cars now the design seems more driven by Marketing.

Aww, don't be mean :(

Could have been worse, he could have replaced cloud with "A pitchfork up his ass"

Last edited:
Some hot version of the current Mustang? How does anything else make sense, especially given the current Mustang is a retro design based on the old Mustang like Bullitt had?

Mind you I've never seen the movie, shocking I know.

Some hot version of the current Mustang? How does anything else make sense, especially given the current Mustang is a retro design based on the old Mustang like Bullitt had?

Mind you I've never seen the movie, shocking I know.

wtf? Get out there and see it.

Today he would probibly drive a nissan GTR, its the new hot sports car for the kids. Just like the GT-350 was than.

Thanks, we had no idea. :roll:

Something big and heavy and quintessentially American, with a huge V8. Like a BMW M3 coupe. (Oh noe you din't!)

Big? Shit I didn't know an engine that small existed for most of my childhood :p

His car would have to be fast, sleek, to some extent technologically advanced. The new Mustang is too much of a retro car in my view to be his car. The new M3 just doesn't seem quite big enough. He doesn't strike me as being a person who would drive an expensive German coupe. Maybe something a little cheaper? Something like a Corvette, but a bit bigger?

Hyundai Tiburon.

Hyundai Tiburon.

Not if the current reviews coming out of Korea are any indication of what it is like to drive.