What would Frank Bullitt Drive today??

He'd still be driving this:

11vguo4.jpg

Crumple zones and air bags are for pussies.

He'd still be driving this:
*snip*
Crumple zones and air bags are for pussies.

QFT.
About the first parts.
I rather like my airbags and crumple zones.

Well by now he'd be too old to care about anything but his arthritis and the boils on his ass, so I'd wager on something like a Cadillac CTS-V or Cadillac STS-V

QFT.
About the first parts.
I rather like my airbags and crumple zones.

Yeah, but crumple zones only help if you are hitting a wall. If you are hitting another car, especially one with crumple zones, then the old car will smash it to pieces causing the other car to absorb the impact :mrgreen:

I think approaching this from a technical standpoint could work, with objectivity thrown in as well.

The 67 Mustang GT was not the fastest of the muscle cars, it wasn't the most extreme looking either. His model was actually more modest than the factory car with the black-out grill and wheels. The car had a strong muscular look, but wasn't overly noticeable or vulgar. The 390 plant was healthy, but again not the biggest engine you could buy. He, and his character, embodied the spirit of America, so it really has to be a car made here. I don't believe there are any NEW cars that fit the mold, but if you step back a couple of years, there is one car that stands out.

2003_Cobra_1_1.jpg

2003-2004 Mustang Cobra. Possibly the sleekest of the new-edge mustangs, it was very reserved looking, but also quite powerful. I think this would be the one.

Seeing as i am from San Francisco, i think my input is more important =P
But seeing as he is an SF Cop, it would be a Prius. Thats because we are San Francisco and a V8 mustang would not be green =\

But with the traffic the chase would pretty much take 2 hours, so maybe it would be better if he would be on a bike or a segway.

He'd have to be driving a Dodge Charger R/T with Cop Rims and that same Green PaintJob. It would blend old with new. Apropriate for duty as a cop, since they offer the police package, and still has got the goods to stand up and hunt down the bad guys.

He'd have to be driving a Dodge Charger R/T with Cop Rims and that same Green PaintJob. It would blend old with new. Apropriate for duty as a cop, since they offer the police package, and still has got the goods to stand up and hunt down the bad guys.

But the charger WAS the bad guy. Plus its a 4 door so its all wrong. Maybe the new challenger.

I'm quite certain that the police of the time didn't drive Mustangs, either.

Well if you want a modern car, this:
08MustangBullitt_27.jpg

but I would like to think he would still drive that old cool mustang.

Well by now he'd be too old to care about anything but his arthritis and the boils on his ass, so I'd wager on something like a Cadillac CTS-V or Cadillac STS-V

CTS-V maybe. The STS-V is kind of lame though, Cadillac takes on the M5 and is said to be not nearly as good to drive and costs the same.

Now that I think about it, the CTS-V seems like a pretty logical choice. Decent-looking, fast, not too ostentatious, agile...
Hmm...

No manual transmission option means thats right out the window.

CTS-V maybe. The STS-V is kind of lame though, Cadillac takes on the M5 and is said to be not nearly as good to drive and costs the same.

STS-V isn't lame, it's not an M5 competitor, it's as big as the 7 series and is Cadillacs answer to the v12 7 series.

^ +1

The NEW CTS-V should be an M5 beater

10 bucks says it'll fail miserably.

Why?

It looks awesome, it has an interior that is as good or better than the Germans, and a simply outstanding engine. If its a little slower around a track it won't even matter as nobody buys sports sedans to go racing, although I doubt it will be any slower. It will destroy all in a straight line for sure.

1. Can't be "high tech" in any way, Frank Bullit wasn't a gadgetry guy.
2. Playing off of 1, it has to be a raw, carnal, elemental vehicle
3. Must be beautiful, yet muscular
4. Must have V8, sound is important
5. Shape can't be "flowy," there has to be some sharp edges
6. Must be American vehicle and (no brainer) must be RWD
7. Can't be exotic or a supercar, must be a "car of the people" so to speak since Frank is a man of the people

After all that criteria I can't come up with a car on the market today :mrgreen:

Maybe later I'll come up with one. Until then I say I'll agree with starfox on the terminators...

Why?

It looks awesome, it has an interior that is as good or better than the Germans, and a simply outstanding engine. If its a little slower around a track it won't even matter as nobody buys sports sedans to go racing, although I doubt it will be any slower. It will destroy all in a straight line for sure.

I'm wagering that it'll keep pace with the M5 around a track, out pace it in a straight line, then get it's ass handed to it when BMW releases an updated/new M5.

BMW releasing an M car that wipes the floor with the competition is as inevitable as a tornado destroying a trailer park in Oklahoma.

1. Can't be "high tech" in any way, Frank Bullit wasn't a gadgetry guy.
2. Playing off of 1, it has to be a raw, carnal, elemental vehicle
3. Must be beautiful, yet muscular
4. Must have V8, sound is important
5. Shape can't be "flowy," there has to be some sharp edges
6. Must be American vehicle and (no brainer) must be RWD
7. Can't be exotic or a supercar, must be a "car of the people" so to speak since Frank is a man of the people

After all that criteria I can't come up with a car on the market today :mrgreen:

Maybe later I'll come up with one. Until then I say I'll agree with starfox on the terminators...

Ding!

sema_spf_coupe_2003_274_low-res.jpg