What would Frank Bullitt Drive today??

I'm starting to think the new CTS V would be what he might drive today. It's not cheap, but not that expensive for a luxury car, it's fast, it's American, and it does It's much better than an M5 anyways since the M5 only has about 385 lbs ft of torque.

I'm starting to think the new CTS V would be what he might drive today. It's not cheap, but not that expensive for a luxury car, it's fast, it's American, and it does It's much better than an M5 anyways since the M5 only has about 385 lbs ft of torque.

I was thinking the one currently on the market even. 400hp, 400lbs-ft and sub 3500lbs is no laughing matter.

True, but the new CTS-V isn't exactly...subtle.

Exactly it should be subtle, I recommend one of these.

Saleen_S7_Twin-Turbo_Competition_1w.jpg

||Off-topic, but props to the driver for double parking his super-car on two handicap spots

1. Can't be "high tech" in any way, Frank Bullit wasn't a gadgetry guy.
2. Playing off of 1, it has to be a raw, carnal, elemental vehicle
3. Must be beautiful, yet muscular
4. Must have V8, sound is important
5. Shape can't be "flowy," there has to be some sharp edges
6. Must be American vehicle and (no brainer) must be RWD
7. Can't be exotic or a supercar, must be a "car of the people" so to speak since Frank is a man of the people

After all that criteria I can't come up with a car on the market today :mrgreen:

Maybe later I'll come up with one. Until then I say I'll agree with starfox on the terminators...

He'd still be driving the wheels (and tyres) off of the old Mustang.

Ticks all of the boxes above, and like you said, they don't make a car nowadays that does that

He'd still be driving the wheels (and tyres) off of the old Mustang.

Ticks all of the boxes above, and like you said, they don't make a car nowadays that does that

As I was writing that I couldn't help but think the only thing that would fit that criteria would be an old mustang :p But hey, Frank Bullitt isn't a man for change, why change the car?

othantorr_1114210500_racing_green_sagaris_pro.jpg

It isn't American, it isn't a V8, but it still sounds amazing, looks amazing, and is completely badass. I think it's the perfect car for him.

He wouldn't be driving anything since he's dead. But if he was alive, he'd be driving a Buick or Cadillac DTS since he'd be pushing 80. In fact I don't think I'd want him driving at all at that age, atleast not without yearly checks. It'd also be hard to find him a car that has 17 forward gears.

He wouldn't be driving anything since he's dead. But if he was alive, he'd be driving a Buick or Cadillac DTS since he'd be pushing 80. In fact I don't think I'd want him driving at all at that age, atleast not without yearly checks. It'd also be hard to find him a car that has 17 forward gears.

Don't most trucks have 15 or so?

othantorr_1114210500_racing_green_sagaris_pro.jpg

It isn't American, it isn't a V8, but it still sounds amazing, looks amazing, and is completely badass. I think it's the perfect car for him.

If TVR sold them in the US, yes he would.

Don't most trucks have 15 or so?

Usually about 9. Depending on the truck use and how it was optioned, you can get upto 18 speeds with god only know how many on reverse. I assume it's because they just put an over drive unit at the back of the 9 speed units.

Usually about 9. Depending on the truck use and how it was optioned, you can get upto 18 speeds with god only know how many on reverse. I assume it's because they just put an over drive unit at the back of the 9 speed units.

They use a multi-speed rear end.