Yes, it's another Audi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a deer costume narf. Safest thing to do. :D

cs32a.jpg

I was warned when I bought it that the rear left bearing was going, but wasn't giving any problems, so I decided to wait. Now it started to scrape, so when I took it down to have it looked at, they found out it was gone so badly it has completely worn down the brake disk and pad as well. The rear one was ok, but I had all 3 in the rear replaced so they're equal. No more scraping and only 130 euro (with 2 hours labour included).

That's quite cheap! You got a really good deal!

Yeah, it's a good thing it's not a VW. Would have to pay 55 euro for just one bearing assembly.

If it was an original VW part it would be even more expensive. Audi engineer the suspension in a way so you can replace every single bit. VW make them in big lumps, which you have to replace, even if only a small part of it is broken. They're like Apple in that sense. Webcam broken? Well, you better send in the whole computer to get fixed.

Well, had another little niggle with what I'm now told is a quite common problem with this gen Audis, the front lower suspension arm broke. Lucky for me it did this when I was parking right after a 100 km drive on the highway. After 3 days and 3 replaced parts (arm, end piece, abs sensor) it's back to normal and the abnormal sag in the front left is gone (which shows that the arm was deformed from the day I bought it :/). I had them check the entire suspension, though, and it's ok.

Last edited:
Aluminium. And it broke off entirely, the wheel hit the arch and the car was unmovable, had to be lifted and towed away to a shop. :(

I assume it was cracked and bent the entire time, that's why the front left of the car was 1 cm lower than the right. Wouldn't be noticable if the car wasn't lowered already.

Last edited:
Aluminium. And it broke off entirely, the wheel hit the arch and the car was unmovable, had to be lifted and towed away to a shop. :(

German engineering in ze haus, ja? NO!!! How can it break completely, that could've been quite dangerous if you were moving.

I would probably shit myself thinking about the consequences of it happening during a turn or something.

Yeah, I needed a stiff drink after that thought came to mind. Luckily there's a bar/coffee shop/public house in the same building as our uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.