EUROVISION 2008

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
OK, as last year: who will win?

Oh anyone know how Dustin got on I missed his semi-final?

/EDIT - OK found it - bum I think that he was fun at least. ...

Ireland
Dustin the Turkey represented Ireland with a controversial performance that garnered some boos from the crowd. The comedy puppet sang Irelande Douze Pointe (Ireland 12 points) which despite the mock-French title is actually in English. A number of Irish news organisations were highly critical of the performance, but the bird told Irish state TV he was "disgusted" by the fact that the song failed to get into the final.

http://www.mister-info.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=10648&format=html

FRANCE
Another controversial contestant set to take the stage in Saturday's final is French electro-pop star Sebastien Tellier, who triggered a wave of outrage in France after he announced plans to sing in English.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jEAxRBfZbqebT5APDR_Z8Wriwu1w

Last edited:
Oh great another total of 3 points for England! Why do we (as a country) chose the worst people. Its like the spiral of depression. We lose, because we have a crap act, which scares off any of the good acts, meaning only shit ones are left.

The eurovision has reached a lameness that is unbearable, the songs are terrible and the artists even worse! I have not watched it since the eighties, the only good thing to ever come out of the eurovision was Abba! :shakefist:

x2:thumbup:

You just have to see some of the contestants for this year's edition and you wonder why does Eurovision still exist.

God....<_< Just look at our (Spanish) Eurovision contestant...

Awful
1090613w.jpg

Thanks god I never liked Eurovision. The only thing I'm interested in is the contest to finish. This way they will stop bombarding us (normal people) with the fu**ing "Chiki Chiki song.

I'll tell you something... the woman representing Poland was born as male :-o

Ireland
Dustin the Turkey represented Ireland with a controversial performance that garnered some boos from the crowd. The comedy puppet sang Irelande Douze Pointe (Ireland 12 points) which despite the mock-French title is actually in English. A number of Irish news organisations were highly critical of the performance, but the bird told Irish state TV he was "disgusted" by the fact that the song failed to get into the final.

Should have gone with a proven winner like "My Lovely Horse".

[YOUTUBE]8linZiGYSeE[/YOUTUBE]

The eurovision has reached a lameness that is unbearable, the songs are terrible and the artists even worse!

That's what makes it so-bad-its-funny. Though the fact I'm not from Europe may have something to do with that. An evening spent sitting around with mates taking the piss out of some truly appalling acts taking themselves too seriously - can't beat it.

The eurovision has reached a lameness that is unbearable, the songs are terrible and the artists even worse! I have not watched it since the eighties, the only good thing to ever come out of the eurovision was Abba! :shakefist:

I agree with everything you said.
To further prove your point : this is the Belgian song :cry:
crappyness has a new level added to it

[YOUTUBE]IwG3D7HDqqo[/YOUTUBE]
Sadly I'm not kidding. Oh and btw they're singing in a made up language too :wtf:

thankfully they did not make it past the semifinal

^ Well they can't sing in Flemish/Dutch because the French speakers do not like it and, well you can't sing in Flemish/Dutch. They can't sing in French because the Flemish/Dutch speakers won't like it. They can't sing in English because - well they are not English and the French speakers would not like it so what could they do? Invent their own language - it was that or, er Klingon I suppose.

BTW fixed hot link:

[youtube]IwG3D7HDqqo[/youtube]

OMG OMG OMG I just made the mistake of listening to about 30 secs - help. .... I need a large dose of Black Sabbath now!!!

Last edited:
You have no idea how ashamed I am to have to watch that video with my national flag on it. it's just so shitty.

And to think we have dozens of cool artists who WANT to go represent us at Eurovision...and then they send this pile of garbage.

The first time I heard it I thought someone was taking the piss. took me a while to find out the horrible truth!

That's what makes it so-bad-its-funny. Though the fact I'm not from Europe may have something to do with that. An evening spent sitting around with mates taking the piss out of some truly appalling acts taking themselves too seriously - can't beat it.

hahaha, FBC knows the score.

Terry Wogan makes it complete (I think the coverage is (it's delayed for us for obvious reasons) done by Julia Zemiro this year who I found about as funny as grass (3 hours of tampon jokes sums up her usual performances))

Atleast you guys don't have to hear a douchebag on american idol butcher Sharp Dressed Man with ZZ Top right there. The people who go on and watch these shows should be sterilized.

I must say, I do feel sorry for the European countries that have to carry the burden of embarrassment every year with their crazy acts.

I'll tell you something... the woman representing Poland was born as male :-o

Hmm... Isn't she the american who (according to our "all knowing" presenters) has supposedly participated in the Miss USA competition??

I hate that fucking turkey ....

I was hoping he'd win; I loved him.

Then again I'm not Irish...

The Wogan is the only thing making Eurovision watchable, I have to say.

We should all just accept the idea of the Eurovision Song contest is just backdated.

Futhermore, the East European countries seem to vote for each other. Is that because they want to vote East European or because they just have similar taste? I don't know, but it's stupid. They should just abandon the concept and try something completely different.