Wheel adapter plate?

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
I got some new wheels for my car, but I can't get them to go on because the bolts aren't long enough to get the lug nuts on properly.

Someone told me that I could get a wheel hub adapter plate, which would go over the hub and extend the bolts, is this correct?

If so, what kind of stores could I get this from?

(FYI, 4 Stud 1980s Nissan pattern)

Let me guess, you went from steelies to alloys and your bolts aren't long enough? Then you need new bolts. Alloys have thicker hubs than steelies.
Nvm, i tend to forget that most cars have studded hubs and lugnuts instead of bolts.

spacers, adapter plates, .... they all suck, the ruin your bearings

get other hubs, or other rims
(never heard about that problem before tbh, it's always the center hole which is bigger/smaller, the amount of bolts (4/5) there are, or the distance between them which cause problems)

Either get longer studs, or make sure that you don't have old school rims that need a special type of lugnut

Yes, I did try to go from steels to mags. Do they usually have shorter studs with steel mags? It's weird actually, these wheels are off another Bluebird of the same year. I thought they'd go straight on, but the studs aren't long enough.

I'm probably not going to get new mags, got these as a give away!

You need to get new lug nuts. Mag wheels often require shanked nuts.

Last edited:
If you gonna use spacers, make sure the DOT don't find them. They tend to frown on those

Hey I'm in dire need of some help with wheel adapters. I have new rims that came off a lincoln continental and i want to put them on my 95 Camaro. Anyone know specifically what adapters I need in order to make the rims fit?

Hey I'm in dire need of some help with wheel adapters. I have new rims that came off a lincoln continental and i want to put them on my 95 Camaro. Anyone know specifically what adapters I need in order to make the rims fit?

You sould probably take measurments to make sure that they won't screw with your suspension/steering/ride quality first.

Yeah, you're right. Found out at a spares place when I was picking up some other parts. Shame they bloody cost $93... ugh

hah, ya that's what I was trying to say, but I couldn't remeber the name of the lugnuts.

You need adapters for that.. Here are the following specs you need to match up.

Good Luck - My favourite spacer company is H+R..
http://www.hrsprings.com/products/trak/

95 Camaro Bolt info...
CAMARO 93-on
Stock Rims 16 X 7.5
Bolt Pattern 5X120.7
Stock Lug Nut 12mmX1.5
High offset +45 [ to clear calipers]

Lincoln Continental

CONTINENTAL 88-97
Stock Rims 15 X 6
Bolt Pattern 5X108
Bolt Size 12mmX1.5