So my dad put a dent in my car.

Heh, yes, the insurance finally paid off.... but they couldn't economically fix *that* XKR.

1. dents happen in parking lots, you'll always be pissed w the first, then you'll get over it

2. it happened while your dad drove the car, let him pay for it, i'm sure he can afford it

3. dent removal services aren't that expensive and they do it with proper tools, not half-assed 'DIY' techniques you find on the internet. just find a good service, call them up, and make your dad foot the bill.

see how hard was that?

Yeah it sucks. Living in New York City and having a car is probably not the best thing in the world. At least you have the convenience of having a parking space after 6PM :) I have to move the car every morning and worry about the kids down the block playing stick ball and using my MY PARENTS car as third base.

After I scratched the car, I talked to L & M Foreign cars (http://www.landmforeigncars.com/) and they recommended me to another place to get the scratched looked at. The body shop guy said told me what I'm about to tell you: "I can get that fix that for you, but chances are you're going to get about a hundred more. You'll just be wasting your time getting such a small thing fixed." So, rather than lose my MY PARENTS car for a day and spending about $200 to have 2 scratches fixed, I just bought some touch up paint and covered it up.

Ever since then, my MY PARENTS car has been keyed (again), someone clipped my the driver side mirror (I folded it up thank god), the front bumper has receive a few scratches from people backing up a little too much while parallel parking, and the list continues on.

Personally, I don't think it's that bad, could get a lot worse, and probably represents the first of many dings and scratches your beloved Audi will receive. If you choose to get it fixed, talked to the guys at L & M cars. They're honest people and will definitely help you out.

*sigh* The joys of living in New York City.

Fixed that for you. I honestly can't figure out why they let you continue to drive it considering how you treat it.

So i need to take the car in for service and i just made an appointment with a local dealer who will also look at the dent...I got a few estimates from local "ding fixers" and they are asking for 175 bucks! Thats insane so hopefully the dealer will be a bit better...although i seriously doubt it.

My dads basically not going to pay for it...hes been kinda avoiding me and the situation...strange thing cuz i haven't been really running into him and he left for work without saying bye today. Or maybe its all in my head... Anyways, if you met my dad you will know that he wouldn't pay for it...i had family and friends tell me that my dad acts younger and more childish then me.

Come to america Lilleput...i know a kid who just got a 08' BMW 335xi coupe...whos friend just got an Audi S4...they are both 16.:lol:

Rage.. Muder.. Hate.. Kill.. Everyone..

Gotta pay for all those government programs and the welfare for all those people who rioted and burned stuff when one man exercised his free speech rights (the mo-bomb-head cartoon), dontchaknow. And it looks like the person paying for it is YOU. :lol:

Come to the US. Hell, we had 16 year olds who paid for their OWN Porsches as their first cars not that long ago (dot.com instamillionaires). :mrgreen:

And im starting Pre-Police training in 3 weeks so i can go Rodney King on all their asses..

Not to turn this into another Euroope vs. Amerikuh thing again but i'd rather drive a Eco box and not have to worry about Medical Bills, Student Loans, working 7-8 Hour days or losing my job and living on the street than driving a Luxo Barge and dieing of an stomach ulcer at 25 :p

lol, my car caught fire (flames, smoke, the works) when my dad was driving it a couple of weeks ago.

Thank God/Cthulhu/FSM! I thought Pontiac was going to lose that tradition when they switched over to producing rebadged Holdens, it looks like my fear was unfounded.

So i need to take the car in for service and i just made an appointment with a local dealer who will also look at the dent...I got a few estimates from local "ding fixers" and they are asking for 175 bucks! Thats insane so hopefully the dealer will be a bit better...although i seriously doubt it.

My dads basically not going to pay for it...hes been kinda avoiding me and the situation...strange thing cuz i haven't been really running into him and he left for work without saying bye today. Or maybe its all in my head... Anyways, if you met my dad you will know that he wouldn't pay for it...i had family and friends tell me that my dad acts younger and more childish then me.

Come to america Lilleput...i know a kid who just got a 08' BMW 335xi coupe...whos friend just got an Audi S4...they are both 16.:lol:

FFS.. If he wont pay for it, make him pay. He should respect his son's belongings more than that, unless he is really, REALLY broke.

Sorry if I seem blunt, its late.

How did you manage to get your hands on an A4? Are you financing it?