Dual layer burning with Nero HELP!!!

Necx0

Car(s)
R31 Skyline, Charade rally car
Hello all you clever people,
I can't for the life of me burn Dual Layer DVD's. It seems I have all the basic equipment. Burner is definitely dual layer, discs are 2.4x TDK double layer 8.5Gb.

So I guess the problem is the software. Using Nero which apparently isn't the best choice, however according to Nero they should be able to burn dual layer no problemo.

Nero OEM is version 6.6.1.15, however just noticed Nerovision Express 2 is only version 2.1.2.8....maybe thats the trouble. Or is there an easier solution???

Please help!!!

Err... what does it do (or not do), do you get some sort of error?

Oops probably should have said that huh??? Basically put disc in, load up Nero. If you look up "disc info" it says 8.5Gb. So Nero recognises the fact that a dual layer disc is in the drive. However when it comes to the "Add Video Files" section it still only has 4.2Gb worth of space, anymore than that you get the standard error message "file too big etc."

i use roxio easy media creator, and i burn dual layer discs too. on the roxio DVD builder software you have to select 8.5gb as the disc type, or it will still think it's 4.2, no matter what disc is in the drive. i expect it's the same thing with nero. took a little screenie to show what i mean:

http://img454.imageshack.**/img454/1550/roxioscreendk6.jpg

hmm....Maybe there is a tab somewhere. But I'll be damned if I can find it??!?!?!??!?

hmm....Maybe there is a tab somewhere. But I'll be damned if I can find it??!?!?!??!?

Sure there is, at the lower right corner of the main window:

http://img373.imageshack.**/img373/2176/nerozx8.jpg

Hmmm I don't have that little tab.......what version Nero do you have??

http://img166.imageshack.**/img166/2545/nerovx3.png

I know Nero 7 has that, but I think Nero 6 would have it too since 6.6.1.5 is capable of burning DVD9.

Perhaps it's having trouble recognizing your particular recorder as being DL capable?
Try switching to the Image Recorder and see if it appears.

As above......I don't have that tab. What version of Nero Express are you running?? My add video files screen doesn't look like that.
desktop.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm running version 6, click on the "More" button on the lower left side. Try searching for options/prefences.

Haha give me some credit :p Looked in there unfortunately no answers though.

The differences between my screenshot and the ones above suggest a different version....but what do they have haha

haha, you never know.:D never hurts to ask - sometimes the most obvious answer etc etc.

I'm stumped on this one. My version of nero also has a drop down in the bottom corner...

i see you're using nero express, tho. My old, old version of nero that I had years ago had a very basic 'express' and the option to run in a more fancy version with all the options. Can you run a less 'expressy' version?

HAHAHAHA

Twenty Beers for Austere next time I am in his home town!!!!!!!

I had a look in the actual Nero folder.....and found a Nero Express (not Express 2) gives me the tab option above. Joy of Joy of Joy of Joys!!!!!

Ok but now got a new problem.......need the files to be in .bup or .vob or .ifo

How do I convert your normal .avi files into these formats???

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA

Twenty Beers for Austere next time I am in his home town!!!!!!!

I had a look in the actual Nero folder.....and found a Nero Express (not Express 2) gives me the tab option above. Joy of Joy of Joy of Joys!!!!!

Ok but now got a new problem.......need the files to be in .bup or .vob or .ifo

How do I convert your normal .avi files into these formats???

If you want to make a DVD from .avi files, just use DVD Flick.

DVD Flick seems like a great program mate, thanks for that. If only it didn't need an ENORMOUS amount of HD space to burn discs. To burn a Dual Layer disc I need about 17.5Gb FREE!!!!!!