Eco-mentalists attack 4x4's in Oxford

TurnerGTX

jeremy_clarkson_custard_pie_degree.jpg

clarkson_j-780327.jpg

Full of lunatics

The spate of attacks on 4x4 vehicles (Oxford Mail, July 23) reminds me of the demonstration that took place a few years ago outside Oxford Brookes University.

Several elected councillors from the Green Party and their friends dressed up in Jeremy Clarkson jeans and silly wigs.

They looked really frightful.

When Mr Clarkson arrived to collect his honorary engineering degree, a woman called Agent Meringue stuffed a baked Alaska in his face. (Presumably, the baked Alaska had something to do with global warming in Alaska).

The irony is that I subsequently saw at least three Green Party councillors in a 4x4 vehicle.

To add insult to injury, I was nearly knocked over on the pavement outside my house by a car driven by a Green councillor on the eve of the city elections!

Therefore I don't think they are in any position to adopt the moral high ground and state that SUVs are causing global warming.

I'm inclined to think this stunt against 4x4s is gesture politics at its worst.

Our county council leader, Keith Mitchell, tried to undo the damage to Oxford's reputation by inviting Mr Clarkson to dinner.

Not surprisingly the offer was declined. Mr Clarkson probably thinks Oxford is full of lunatics!

SUSAN THOMAS Magdalen Road Oxford

http://www.oxfordmail.net/news/letters/display.var.2411225.0.full_of_lunatics.php

Hasn't the Oxford Mail got anything better to do than drag up old news?

For people who have not seen it, even though it is very old, here is a video of the whole thing

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't actually seen the full video. I love the way Jeremy doesn't react like they had hoped (by foaming at the mouth), and generally takes the piss out of the woman in flat shoes who did it.

It was funny, but having said that I would happily have her and the guy on the camera both strung up by their gonads (or heads if they can't find any in the bloke's case) until they are sorry.

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't actually seen the full video. I love the way Jeremy doesn't react like they had hoped (by foaming at the mouth), and generally takes the piss out of the woman in flat shoes who did it.

It was funny, but having said that I would happily have her and the guy on the camera both strung up by their gonads (or heads if they can't find any in the bloke's case) until they are sorry.

These are eco-mentalists man, their gonads are just acorns.

This isn't old news. Over the last few months there have been numerous attacks on 4x4's in Oxford.

The gentleman who wrote the letter was pointing the lefties hypocrisy.

He was talking about them reporting on Clarkson getting a pie to the face like it recently happened, which is the only actual fact in this whole "story".

And no apparently they don't have anything better to do. Some names and registration info to support the claims and it might be a story, but without that it's a really old story mixed with a bunch of "he said she said" type information.