Series 12 of Top Gear Start Date?

Reruns are months if not years after original airings and are cut down. I don't know why anyone would prefer that to torrents...

There's quite a few people on another website who have received their call to go to the filming on October 29. I do hope November 2 isn't the first air date, that's a very long wait!

Is there any confirmation on the start date as yet?

Someone on the same "another website" mentioned that there are Snooker finals on 19th Oct and 21st Dec. If TG then starts on the 26th Oct, it will have a straight run of 8 episodes and end on the 14th Dec.

So Pebblepixie, you might have to reset your Countdown magnets. :D

I got THE CALL!!! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see the boys live in action!!! Will be my first time! Good luck to anyone else who's waiting for the call!!

Oh and this is my first post too! Though i've been a lurker for a few months!

I got THE CALL!!! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see the boys live in action!!! Will be my first time! Good luck to anyone else who's waiting for the call!!

Oh and this is my first post too! Though i've been a lurker for a few months!

For the audience? What day?

Urm, Wednesday October 29th for the audience. apparently cancellation tickets. lots of people weren't answering their phones to Applause Store so quite a few people got tickets.
I'm hoping this isnt the first episode of the new series though, means it would start in November and they have 8 episodes this series havent they? Oh well. will ahve to wait and see i guess.

Hope that answers your question viper!

It does, thanks. :)

I was hoping it was the first episode so we had a finite start date, but alas. :(

Looks like I will have to ring them and get tickets again :p

BTW: James May lied about the start date! lol :)

If you manage to get tickets AGAIN I will personally come up to Standish and whip you really hard with the back wiper off a Dacia Sandero, assuming it has one! :mad:

BTW: James May lied about the start date! lol :)

We don't know that for sure, do we? October 29th could just be for a later episode in the season.

We don't know that for sure, do we? October 29th could just be for a later episode in the season.

Just took a look at Applause Store's TG site - they are only accepting applications for Reserve tickets at present and have no confirmed dates so we're still in the dark, but for anyone wishing to monitor this as another way of getting a confirmed start date the link is

http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-reserve-form.php?id=15&bid=5

Reckon we could be looking at November 2 given the evidence above. Looks like 'Slow was wrong with his dates - probably the first time he's been early for anything, although perhaps they've told him October so he has a chance of getting there on time!

That could be right - do you think he knows the way to the studio by now without having to follow Jeremy or Richard?

The studio, yes. They've moved their head office recently though, I'm willing to bet James turns up to the old one every morning at 7am (having also learnt the way there) wondering why nobody's there to let him in.

Applause Store is now listing dates Wed 29th Oct 2008 Wed 5th Nov 2008 Wed 12th Nov 2008

So it's looking like the first episode is 2nd November
Which means my tickets are for the first one of the series! Again! Woo hoo.

Someone on the same "another website" mentioned that there are Snooker finals on 19th Oct and 21st Dec. If TG then starts on the 26th Oct, it will have a straight run of 8 episodes and end on the 14th Dec.

So Pebblepixie, you might have to reset your Countdown magnets. :D

BOOO :mad: to use a well known quote - my countdown 'has not gone well'. I've been spelling out the numbers with letters and I've run out of 't's (I think the cats have hidden them under the dresser). I need a trip to the Early Learning Centre for a bucket of numbers so I can start again. Damn snooker!!

Just to make an enquiry, how long does the filming take of Top Gear? I have read reports that say it's from 14:30 - 19:00. If this is correct, then I do wonder something else.

29th October is the day for the NTA's (National Television Awards), assuming that Top Gear has been nominated, (if it hasn't then why not), would the guys attend the awards cereamony? Would being in Dunsfold give them enough time to get to the Royal Albert Hall?

The reason why I ask this is because I have friends who are attending this.

Last time I went we got out at around 7.
They could easily get there in time.... in a helicopter , however, they may not be going to the NTAs. I bet they only go if they know they have won.

Friends going to the NTAs or Top Gear?

Just to make an enquiry, how long does the filming take of Top Gear? I have read reports that say it's from 14:30 - 19:00. If this is correct, then I do wonder something else.

29th October is the day for the NTA's (National Television Awards), assuming that Top Gear has been nominated, (if it hasn't then why not), would the guys attend the awards cereamony? Would being in Dunsfold give them enough time to get to the Royal Albert Hall?

Top gear is shot on a thursday

Reactions: MWF

They herd you in at about 2.45 and it depends on how many segments they have to do as to how long it takes. We were out of there at about 6.15 but they were doing the Oslo race which took up quite a bit of the final show so there were fewer studio bits than usual.