The story behind your username

The Finn is a character in the sprawl trilogy by William Gibson

also i am 1/3 finnish

The Finn is a character in the sprawl trilogy by William Gibson

also i am 1/3 finnish

^ Wow I am trying to do the maths on that one. ... - no my head just exploded. ...

How is that possible? Parents...no. Grandparents...no. ... ... :blowup:
Fortunately I am 3/3 finnish. :lol: (don't have to think that kind of maths...:?)

well technically i am 1/2 finnish 1/4 swedish and 1/4 german i just always think of in terms of 3 different nationalities...

Whappeh is what people used to call my Day of Defeat name (HS The Whap), which came from HomeSlice The Wop (but I misspelled it Whap, and was always too lazy to change it).

I'm not Italian, but was gaming on a nearly 100% Italian DoD team at the time, and used to game with it to piss them off, but the joke was on me, as I was totally fail at spelling when I was a kid.

^^^ I see what you did there.

And I also guess where your nickname came from. A heroic ballad from Romanian "folk" literature, passed on through the generations until today.

Mine's easy. I love to accelerate. When I become filthy rich (will never happen) and I buy a 430 that would be a great license plate. Everyone behind me would be trying to read it and then eventually crash into another car when they finally got it. It would be great.

Gman333-X-ferrari

Where to start? Well, my real name starts with the letter "G". (No, I ain't saying it. It's too unique and I fear you guy might track me down and raep me. :eek: )

lol, there arent that many indian names going with a G in the beginning you know ;)

Oy Geetha! :p

Tis my mom's name actually.

As for my name:
Was playing starcraft with my friends when it came out 4 thousand years ago and I was in 8th grade. I just installed the expansion, Brood Wars, and was fiddling around with it. My favorite unit soon became the Lurker (It was just a cute little thing, I wanted to get one for a pet) But I always wondered wtf was the use of the "Patrol" command for lurkers. They have to burrow to attack and they can't patrol while burrowed, and they don't burrow when patrolling and they discover an enemy. So with time running short for decisions on a new nickname, I just said "brb" to my friends and came back as "LurkerPatrol". They laughed out loud at my idiocy but refused when I said I would change my nick again, and so it just stuck.

So now... both IG and IRL, I am LurkerPatrol... defender of the retarded and imbecilic.

Gibby - Nickname from school, its basically become my name now because nobody uses my real name at all.

Saw one on the fridge when I was entering a username.

I don't even know. But one thing is for sure, I've never ever encountered a place where it was taken.

I've never had that problem either.