Unveiled: Lexus HS250h

Oy. Now all those celebrities with more money than brains will be going after this smugmobile.

Holy shit, what an ugly turd. Are they fucking kidding around over at Lexus?

I had to look twice at my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st yet... if they wanted to, why didn't they just shove a hybrid engine into an IS or even ES? This thing looks small, ugly and cheap.

Incidentally, I see some very slight design cues from the first gen IS, both outside and inside.

One of the cars I'm most annoyed by is the Acura EL/CSX, and this looks like a direct competitor. :(

Last edited:
Product proliferation is nothing new. It made the big 3 famous: Escalade - Yukon, Explorer - Mountaineer, Charger - 300c, and many more earlier examples.
With a price range of 30,000 - 35,000 USD, I don't see this car as a overpriced Toyota. Its right in line with the new Prius.

Third, who should a luxury car brand such as Lexus be advertising these cars to? (A couple posters made reference to Hollywood richies getting green cred)
They're a luxury car brand. Those people come with the territory.

Fourth, people who buy Lexus buy it for the name. Duh. You haven't stumbled on anything new. As if people don't buy BMW or Mercedes just for the name. Oh no, those cars give blowjobs and ass massages with every ride. Thats why people buy them...

Another dull car from a company with no soul or passion.

and the people who buy it won't give a toss what you think. This probably will sell well.

and honestly, ppl need to find new jokes.

In the name, "HS" probably stands for "hybrid sedan", so why is there another "h" at the end?

In the name, "HS" probably stands for "hybrid sedan", so why is there another "h" at the end?

So it goes with the rest of the Lexus lineup. All other Lexus hybrids have a small h at the end, it would be strange if this car was without it.

Anyway, I'm still weirded out by this car. Definitely not going to help Lexus' image now, is it?

Anyway, I'm still weirded out by this car. Definitely not going to help Lexus' image now, is it?

I don't Lexus has to worry about hurting their image.

they're E### car is nothing more than a dressed up 'Lexus'ed FWD Camry and its a very popular seller because of the badge alone.

No, making a cheaper Lexus thats also a hybrid is going to sell a LOT. Regardless what it does for the company's image, it will do them well for their profits.

Whats interesting is since nobody on these forums likes Lexus anyway (cars that are too boring and mature for them) i don't see why ppl care about the latest addition to a brand they dont care for anyway.

Lexus model names stand for nothing but the two letters they are. The numbers in the name denote the engine size or estimated engine size (gas plus electric motors).

RX350 is a RX with a 3.5L six cylinder.

they're E### car is nothing more than a dressed up 'Lexus'ed FWD Camry and its a very popular seller because of the badge alone.

No, making a cheaper Lexus thats also a hybrid is going to sell a LOT. Regardless what it does for the company's image, it will do them well for their profits.

Whats interesting is since nobody on these forums likes Lexus anyway (cars that are too boring and mature for them) i don't see why ppl care about the latest addition to a brand they dont care for anyway.

I care, so shut it. LF-A will be wicked, and the IS-F has proven, in their first attempt, that Lexus do give a shit, and are totally capable of making a sports/luxury sedan.

I'm not saying it will hurt their image, I said it wouldn't help it. If I were Lexus I'd try a little more for a sporting image and a little less of a soccer mom image.

You live in SoCal, where I know Lexi are extremely popular and common. Elsewhere I've been, the only common Lexus models are the RX and ES, with quite a few ISs. I basically rarely see the GS, LS or the other SUVs here in Vancouver. So I don't think it's that safe to assume this is going to sell that well just because it's a trendy (because it's hybrid) Lexus.

Most who buy a Lexus do it because they want a big, comfortable, smooth car to cruise around in. A re-badged Camry can fit those requirements, a Corolla cannot.

And I take issue with saying nobody cares about Lexus on FinalGear. I do, and so do you and Wizegui... and the guy above who got mad at you. :lmao:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:rofl:

OMG, that just made my day! What a hilarious piece of rebadging. That looks so close to a corolla that it's pathetic! At least the ES/Camry has some slight changes! This is laughable.

Makes me wonder if there will be a normal Corolla Hybrid. This would be like the ES cars, which are posh Camrys right?

Yep

I care, so shut it. LF-A will be wicked, and the IS-F has proven, in their first attempt, that Lexus do give a shit, and are totally capable of making a sports/luxury sedan.

So they've made one good car and a future wicked car, so that should make you more than happy, so what exactly is your problem?

So they've made one good car and a future wicked car, so that should make you more than happy, so what exactly is your problem?

Problem? :lol: The IS250 is a fantastic car too. I took an IS250 and new Audi A4 (1.8TFSI) for test drives back to back, and I must say the Lexus was a much more refined car. It's pretty stupid to make a statement like "Whats interesting is since nobody on these forums likes Lexus anyway" When clearly a more infallible statement couldn't be made. :lol:

So I don't think it's that safe to assume this is going to sell that well just because it's a trendy (because it's hybrid) Lexus.

When Lexus first announced the LS600h L, they expected to sell 1,000 a year. For the first half of 2008 they sold 1,000 a month.

When the RX400h arrived at dealerships, the biggest complaint was the lack of badging signifying it was a hybrid. Thats why all the new ones have "Hybrid" on the door trim.

Its very safe to assume it will sell well in the United States.

As Jay Leno put it; "Americans want to be known for the good work they're doing anonymously."

Last edited:
It's pretty stupid to make a statement like "Whats interesting is since nobody on these forums likes Lexus anyway" When clearly a more infallible statement couldn't be made. :lol:

You've obviously forgetten about the scores of ppl who constantly recycle the 'Lexus makes nothing but soulless, dull cars' jokes. I'm referring to them by the way, not YOU.

You clearly love lexus cars yet for some reason you thought my criticism was directed towards you and not towards the people who dislike Lexuses. And youre the only one who took offense to what i said, not those who actually deserved the criticism. So you should be blasting them, not me. Tell me, where was your logic that day, on vacation?

You've obviously forgetten about the scores of ppl who constantly recycle the 'Lexus makes nothing but soulless, dull cars' jokes. I'm referring to them by the way, not YOU.

You clearly love lexus cars yet for some reason you thought my criticism was directed towards you and not towards the people who dislike Lexuses. And youre the only one who took offense to what i said, not those who actually deserved the criticism. So you should be blasting them, not me. Tell me, where was your logic that day, on vacation?

Sure, on vacation. :lol: I just think Lexus make good cars. Nothing personal!

When Lexus first announced the LS600h L, they expected to sell 1,000 a year. For the first half of 2008 they sold 1,000 a month.

When the RX400h arrived at dealerships, the biggest complaint was the lack of badging signifying it was a hybrid. Thats why all the new ones have "Hybrid" on the door trim.

Its very safe to assume it will sell well in the United States.

As Jay Leno put it; "Americans want to be known for the good work they're doing anonymously."

Yes, but those models are hybrid versions of other Lexus models that are already known to the consumer. This is a dedicated hybrid model, and what looks to be a small and cheaply made car.

I'm not saying it won't sell well, but it's not guaranteed. I was mainly taking issue with those who think "Lexus is for people who care only about their image, so this hybrid model is bound to sell billions since only image conscious people buy hybrids." Maybe this will sell well, but not for the reason most here said.