The "New Toys" Thread

I'm thinking of calling up my professor that's also a Sigma distributor if he still has that 1 day used 70-200 f/2.8 HSM and if he's willing to give me a 2 month plan. I might need it tomorrow for bro's graduation ceremony.

EDIT: Damn, it was sold already...

In the mean time, just ordered one of these:

L-308S.jpg

Sekonic L-308S, sort of entry level light meter.

Last edited:
Finally got my computer build nearly completed, except location. It is being moved which is the reason for all of the wires running everywhere.
010.jpg

I found this in the office supply closet, and nobody was using it. Love the finish right up until I have to, y'know, touch it, then the fingerprints become irresistible. It would've been so much better for them to brush or etch everything but the company name.

holdertop.jpg

holderfront.jpg

holderopen.jpg

EDIT: yup, it is a business card holder.

Last edited:
yeah I have a similar one from my job, but it's in lame matte metal. As everyone knows, everything shiny > everything matte. it's also very crappy

but since it's free, i'll use it anyway.

I don't have business cards :-(

Not even other peoples' business cards? :p

I don't have any either... I do have one of those chrome card holders though, and you know what I use it for? Sometimes I get bored, so I clean the thing and I put my fingerprints on it and try to see the differences between my prints.

They are so damn shiny you can totally see your fingerprints without a magnifying glass or anything.

Sometimes I get bored, so I clean the thing and I put my fingerprints on it and try to see the differences between my prints.

After how many bowls is this? :p

After how many bowls is this? :p

Bowls of cereal you mean? :mrgreen:

It's not something I often do... mostly this was back in the day when I'd be sitting at my desk trying to study, and to find any possible distraction to delay said studies.

Edit: Also, I just realized my card holder is half shiny and half matte. How awesome am I? :wicked:

Finally got my computer build nearly completed, except location. It is being moved which is the reason for all of the wires running everywhere.
010.jpg

So you installed "flux capasitor" to increse the gaming speeds eh? :D

what's that? dual 22" setup? nice, had that running for about a year or so before upgrading to something miles better. HDTV ftw!

Now I want a dual 40" setup : )

Last edited:
So you installed "flux capasitor" to increse the gaming speeds eh? :D

I can see how that works, it slows down time in your computer relative to the outside world, so it does more operations per outside-world second. That's a pretty cool idea, you should patent it.

I can see how that works, it slows down time in your computer relative to the outside world, so it does more operations per outside-world second. That's a pretty cool idea, you should patent it.

Now if only they made a 1.21 jiggawatt power supply.

Whoa, amazing setup!
Thanks...I enjoy it.

what's that? dual 22" setup? nice, had that running for about a year or so before upgrading to something miles better. HDTV ftw!

Now I want a dual 40" setup : )

Yeah. It is dual 22". I had my HDTV hooked up to my other desktop computer for the longest but realized I only used it to watch movies so I just bought a Popcorn Hour. I have to admit...a 40" monitor would be fantastic for computer gaming. I am not a huge gamer though so the dual 22" fits my needs perfectly for now.

Last edited:

You got it :D

Now if only they made a 1.21 jiggawatt power supply.

maybe they are sold, but not to us normal people.
Only to those mad scientists :D

OR perhaps it needs less power as the pc is only affected by the "Flux Capasitor" not the whole room (or does he use it as way to reduce lag?).