Architects and engineers wanted to take part in new James programme

LindenChase

Are you an architect or engineer? If so (and you live in the UK) you can take part in a new programme by James.

A new BBC engineering series starring James May is looking for architects and engineers to help create large scale projects from toys like LEGO and Meccano
Plum Pictures has been commissioned to make a major six part engineering series for BBC2 in which James May will undertake massive structural feats using toy building materials such as Lego and Meccano.
Read more here

I love Lego! :) I'm not an architect though. :(

How about an architecture student in texas? :(

That sounds like a brilliant show - I've neither the skills or locale to participate, but I look forward to seeing it.

both my parents are architects.......in the netherlands though...

Funnily enough I happen to work in a company full of architects and engineers, email duly sent to all of them. :)

Ooh my dad's an architect. I'll try to persuade him.

He should get Richard involved - playing with Lego helped him get over the crash

I find it entertaining watching shows where James does mechanical stuff. He gets really interested, expresses his true opinions, and reveals some hidden truths. There is a potential that he will try to get every detail of the creation in.

Last edited:
He's got infectious enthuasium, well, perhaps the exception is where whisky is involved

As always James may's enthusiasms for mechanical things seems to be a good idea for a show, it should be entertaining, unsure re educational though.

Big news!

Big news!

CLANG!

Got the news in the weekly work newsletter that one of the architects from the company is the lead designer for this! A small team of engineers and architects have also had meetings with the TV company to work out how the fuck they are supposed to do this with just Lego.

Because of this connection I can give you some more detail on what it's all about. Spoiler to keep people from whining.

The task is to design and build a full size 2 storey house using only 2x4 and 2x8 blocks and no glue. The house must have standard size accommodation including a lounge, kitchen, dining room, toilet, stairs, bedroom and bathroom. All of the furniture and fitting must also be made from Lego. It's estimated that it will have 4-4.5 million bricks when completed.

I'm so proud that I was the one to tell them, and I'm even more proud to be a member of Finalgear. I wouldn't have seen it at all otherwise.

Filming is due to start in July, with the show scheduled for an Autumn screening.