Why are we so crap at snow?

So you agree that the buses were right to stop running.
No, they should obviously equip their wheels with chains.
Have they no pride in what they do? (Provide transport to thousands of people who needs to go wherever)

Last edited:
Public servants don't have pride they just have fat pay packets and an ever present threat of going on strike.

Have they no pride in what they do? (Provide transport to thousands of people who needs to go wherever)

Nobody who drives public transport has pride in this country, hence Clarkson's comments about them being murderers. :whistle:

Last edited:
Well snow creates problems in Sweden, but not chaos like it seems to do in the UK.
But in 1998 it snowed quite a lot in G?vle:D watch this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibmhlT4wavU&feature=related
Now that?s a lot of snow:)
The cost for removing all of the snow from g?vle was 50 million kr=4,5-5 million euro.
I should mention that it?s about 6-7 cm of snow here right now.
That is normal winter weather in Sweden

I Love how shit we are at driving in snow. Snow makes all traffic a spectator sport. I especially love everyone in RWD cars sliding all over the place while everyone watches chearing them on to spin :)

Earlier this morning i watched a Transit Van Milkfloat drift around my village. Now thats entertainment.

It's fun?

Fun? Definitely wouldn't be allowed.

Chains? To become 'big pile of rust that nobody can remember what they are for or how they work' in the bus depot? Remember that the last time any snow of note fell in London was 18 years ago.

Because then you would know what to do if it happened while you were out driving, maybe?

Surely practicing aquaplaning or driving in fog or driving rain would be higher priority.

Haha. Some lorry drivers who were supposed to deliver Pirelli tyres to Rally Norway got stopped by the Norwegian police because they had the wrong kind of chains...

Well snow creates problems in Sweden, but not chaos like it seems to do in the UK.
But in 1998 it snowed quite a lot in G?vle:D watch this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibmhlT4wavU&feature=related
Now that?s a lot of snow:)
The cost for removing all of the snow from g?vle was 50 million kr=4,5-5 million euro.
I should mention that it?s about 6-7 cm of snow here right now.
That is normal winter weather in Sweden

That my home town! I posted this pic of my parents house before but here it is again (from 1998):
http://img504.imageshack.**/img504/3444/img007be6.jpg

Haha. Some lorry drivers who were supposed to deliver Pirelli tyres to Rally Norway got stopped by the Norwegian police because they had the wrong kind of chains...

:lmao:

I grew up in Detroit, MI for 25 years, and every winter we'd get inches and inches of snow, and i can attest the majority of us get around fine in FWD cars to work and school every day without hassle, without the need of snow chains and studded tires. Doing that would be laughed at and is also illegal because of the damage it causes to our tarmac.

the majority of us get around fine in FWD cars to work and school every day without hassle, without the need of snow chains and studded tires. Doing that would be laughed at

Yes because that's more important than driving safely. :rolleyes:

Yes because that's more important than driving safely. :rolleyes:

Way to edit out that its illegal to use them on our public roads you brilliant man you, or maybe you are unable to read and quote entire sentences. plus my point is we know how to drive in those conditions without those aids.

Speaking of snow, I saw someone leave the (hilly) park next to the university with a kayak over their shoulder.

My only gues is they'd been sledging...

I hope so, as that would be awesome.

Way to edit out that its illegal to use them on our public roads you brilliant man you, or maybe you are unable to read and quote entire sentences. plus my point is we know how to drive in those conditions without those aids.

Come here and try to drive without winter tires.

Have I mentioned that they don't put any salt on roads here. Ever.