24 Hours of Lemons/FinalGear Meet: April 3-5, 2009 (South Carolina)

^ I think it's just inconveniently placed for the majority of people on here.

well, i guess that means this is going to fall off page one in a another week or so...

Not if I keep bumping it to the top :p

Would anyone show up if we went to Stafford Spings or Nelson Ledges?

Ill be at the houston events and maybe the Belle Rose one if you make it down, but SC is just too far away.

LeMons needs more hype on here for people to really want to go to it. Most people probably see it as a redneck style race and they won't be missing anything. You need to prove to them otherwise, make a big deal of it. ;)

Two replies! It's 12 hours away by car. I might bring some other people to share the Lemons lulz/gas money.

OR

Who's in the midwest that wants to ride with me?

You know, you make me look real bad by saying that.

If you didn't have your location listed, you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Don't worry, I'm making frowny faces at everyone in MO/IL/KS. Not just you. :p

Oh yes I do, Quiky and Sera have been on my ass to come to one of the races for the last couple years.

LeMons needs more hype on here for people to really want to go to it. Most people probably see it as a redneck style race and they won't be missing anything. You need to prove to them otherwise, make a big deal of it. ;)

Matt. this is going to be our THIRD YEAR doing lemons, and for a good portion of last year we even listed it on the FRONT PAGE. there's a 20 page long thread for 07 and 08 that we keep posting to, and if that's not enough BOTH Autoblog and Jalopnik cover it. One of the races we were at was even featured in the February 08 Issue of HOT ROD magazine. The race has also met with coverage in some TV shows (we were at one of them as well) and rumor has it there's going to be an article run in ESPN magazine from our Toledo 08 Trip. There really isn't any more ways we can hype it that won't make us homeless. Most gearheads should have SOME idea at this point, unless you mean by "most people" you're not referring to anyone in the states who comes here, and/or is into racing.

So uh, no on the shirts?

I would so love to come...if I buy a damn car anytime soon :(
I've looked at so many POS's that I am thinking of giving up. There simply are no well mainatained, reliable and fun cars for under $3500 :(

I would so love to come...if I buy a damn car anytime soon :(
I've looked at so many POS's that I am thinking of giving up. There simply are no well mainatained, reliable and fun cars for under $3500 :(

whore out craigslist, and ignore the traditional "fun" cars. because those are going to command a premium. Quiky IS offering carpooling to SC, and we need crew, so make arrangements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smib: we're prolly going to try doing something but we need time for the orders to take place and doing shirt runs, etc. besides that, there's many people who put in requests and didn't pay up. we have a few floating around still i think.

Last edited:
If I were to participate, I've already got a p.o.s that I could use. It only cost 500 dollars and its great :p we use it right now for offroading in my field. The only thing is getting it anywhere because it isn't actually road legal. We'd need to get a trailer to tow it on. But, I'm too far away, and I don't think any of my friends would want to tow the thing all the way across the country. XD

I've been thinking about going, but i'd have to work it around my work schedule. It's about 8 hours from here. I've also considered flying into Charlotte, and then renting a car (since it's about an hour to the race from there). I'll know closer to the event (probably early March) if I can make it.

whore out craigslist, and ignore the traditional "fun" cars. because those are going to command a premium. Quiky IS offering carpooling to SC, and we need crew, so make arrangements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smib: we're prolly going to try doing something but we need time for the orders to take place and doing shirt runs, etc. besides that, there's many people who put in requests and didn't pay up. we have a few floating around still i think.

Hmmm...this sounds interesting, indeed. If I can find a ride for both ways from WV to SC then I would be really interested in going. I've never been to a track-day before. (Go-karting doesn't count)

Track day? this really isnt a track day... this is an EVENT. we have a team with 4 drivers and a car that's already run 2 races.

WE NEED CREW!!!!!!! we'd love to get an Army of FG people marching around lending a hand or just hob-knobbing with us. so get some buddies, make a roadtrip out of it, camp at the track, take your camcorders along, just anything! this is a multi-day event, and there will be racing for 7+ hours a day. do Youtube searches for "24 hours of Lemons SC/South Carolina/Carolina Motorsports Park" to get a feel for what to expect! it's a lot of fun.

From all that I've seen and read, it is a lot of fun, and is not just a track day. It's the most irreverant endurance race you've ever seen, hands down.

Some of us from STL SCCA wanted to get a group going last year, but we couldn't be bothered to fix up our car. <_<

dogbert; why not crew with us? if you has money that is...

Because it's a 12 hour drive/a round-trip plane ticket. Both of those cost money that I don't have, unless I can split costs with other people.