Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

...like almost all other new keys you get with VW's these days. :p

Meh, I have my house and car keys on different fobs because you know, sometimes I might want to go somewhere on foot.

Madness, you mean you don't drive the 100 metres to the local store even :<

:p

I do the same thing because i'm not always in my car outside, and i leave my house keys in the car while working, less to carry.

Madness, you mean you don't drive the 100 metres to the local store even :<

No, I've yet to assimilate fully into the North American culture. I know, I should be ashamed of myself. :(

On a more serious note, I just hate carrying keys in my pockets, even though most people seem to carry dozens at a time (like some kind of groundskeeper). My house keys have their own fob and I have a little Swiss Army knife on it too, so when I carry everything it adds up to a lot of unecessary bulk.

I love carrying around tons of keys... it means you have a nice reassuring bulk in your pocket, none of this "OMG, do I have my keys with me!?!?!" bullshit.

:rolleyes:

I'm not in perfect shape, but I was out getting a sandwich for lunch, about a mile in each direction. But I do know people who drive, not because walking is too much, but because if the temperature is anywhere outside of 68-71, they are miserable because they are "freezing" or "sweating like a pig."

I remember reading a Bill Bryson book that states "The average American walks 378 yards per day", or something. It was an incredibly small amount, anyway.

To steal his joke, I'm fairly sure I rack up more mileage than that just looking for the TV remote...

I'm fairly sure I rack up more mileage than that just looking for the TV remote...

*laughs* I think you're supposed to do 10,000 steps a day worth of walking, and I wore a pedometer 2/3 through my work shift, and I was already at 13,000 of which probably 1,500-2,000 were stairs, 25 at a time.

*laughs* I think you're supposed to do 10,000 steps a day worth of walking, and I wore a pedometer 2/3 through my work shift, and I was already at 13,000 of which probably 1,500-2,000 were stairs, 25 at a time.

Yeah one of the guys at work put on a pedometer one time and took it off when he got to ten miles sometime during the day.

My father won a lawsuit and will receive a substantial amount of money. He is planning on buying a new car and was in doubt between a Fiat Grande Punto and a Honda Jazz (or Fit, depending where you live in the world) until yesterday.
Shock, horror: a dealer offered him a brand new Beetle for about the same amount of money, giving him a huge discount because the car is a 07 model.
I fear I might no be able to avoid this... :cry:

Last edited:
My father won a lawsuit and will receive a substantial amount of money. He is planning on buying a new car, and until yesterday, he was in doubt between a Fiat Grande Punto and a Honda Jazz (or Fit, depending where you live in the world).
Shock, horror: a dealer offered him a brand new Beetle for about the same amount of money, giving him a huge discount because the car is a 07 model.
Paging katwalk away from the Random Thoughts thread to this one.

My father won a lawsuit and will receive a substantial amount of money. He is planning on buying a new car and was in doubt between a Fiat Grande Punto and a Honda Jazz (or Fit, depending where you live in the world) until yesterday.

Just tell him that he will look like a flaming homosexual driving it, the new beetle is the least manly car in the world, and it looks like shit.

If all else fails, tie your father up. A car enthusiast (or a person who knows even a bit about cars) CANNOT have a new beetle in the family, it's a disgrace.

And no neg reps from kat, please :D

I love this commercial.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr-wISyGSW0[/youtube]

I like that one, too. :p I had to work durring the Super Bowl, but I saw that one in a bar while I was on my lunch break. Hilarious.

He he...angry, screaming Germans...

I love carrying around tons of keys... it means you have a nice reassuring bulk in your pocket, none of this "OMG, do I have my keys with me!?!?!" bullshit.

you are quite positively nuts.

The solution is simple : you have your car key on you (no extra keys or keychains, or ANYTHING) and you have your house keys in your car.

Since you use the car to go everywhere anyways, you always have your housekeys on you.

An even better solution : just put the garage door zapper button thingy in the car, so you don't even have to get out of the car to enter the house. Win.

The only downside of leaving your house keys in your car is that if you car gets stolen they can easily look at your car papers, grab your address, go to your house, and rob your of everything else too... all the while you are trying to get in touch with a friend or relative who has your spare set.

Hmm, maybe we should start a keys/keychain thread. :mrgreen:

^true, but they have to find them first. Since I always use the garage, I've hid the house keys away nice and good :mrgreen:

and yes, keys thread is needed

Car key, usb stick, mail key, apartment key, work RFID fob, light.