2009 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread

Pipe dreams.

I'll be the odd-one-out then and say it looks sweet. But I'm a sci-fi fan; I also think Johnny-Cabs would look cool.

Reminds me of the Toyota Triathlon.

I'll be the odd-one-out then and say it looks sweet. But I'm a sci-fi fan; I also think Johnny-Cabs would look cool.

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing as a concept, but there's just no way.

The amount of change in the design is about the same amount of change we got in the looks of the cars since the early 60's. Motorsport just doesn't move that quickly.

This man, who is clearly of mental age 10, believes Formula 1 cars will look like this in 2012.

Might I also suggest lasers?

Fioravanti-LF1-Concept_4.jpg

Also, he seems to have a hatred of Bridgestone as the tires are Pirelli.
This guy had a very interesting concept for the Ferrari F2015:
http://dangeruss.deviantart.com/art/Ferrari-F2015-42414330
Ferrari_F2015_by_dangeruss.jpg

Granted, it's not a looker and it will be a stretch for it to become reality, but it's still baffles my mind what we will see in the future.

Last edited:
yeah, kerbs are going to be a major issue with these new wings

yeah, kerbs are going to be a major issue with these new wings

No, first corner in a race will be the major issue for the new 09' spec front wing.

This guy had a very interesting concept for the Ferrari F2015:
http://dangeruss.deviantart.com/art/Ferrari-F2015-42414330
Granted, it's not a looker and it will be a stretch for it to become reality, but it's still baffles my mind what we will see in the future.

Two thoughts:

- So with the current credit crunch will tobacco companies be allowed once again to sponsor F1 teams?
- try getting out of that in five seconds.

And hurray for the Brawn GP car! I wonder if that's the livery they're using or just a quick mock up for the tests? Because the all white=very cool.

Mansell says Hamilton crown ?less credible?
?When I won the title, I beat 25 other cars?

Some catty remarks from Nigel Mansell
Former world champion Nigel Mansell claims his championship success 17 years ago was more ?credible? than the Formula One crown of his young countryman Lewis Hamilton.

55-year-old Mansell, a winner of 31 Grand Prix, dominantly won the 1992 drivers' championship in a field including names like Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher.

The race grid also boasted 26 cars in 1992, moving Mansell to surmise that the challenge of winning in the modern era is not as great.

"No disrespect to Lewis but what's the point of a championship where you only have 18 or 20 cars running?" he is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"When I won the title, I beat 25 other cars.
That makes Lewis' title 20 percent less credible than mine," Mansell said failing to point out that so dominant was the Williams Renault FW14B package that year, he claimed the championship after just 11 races of the 16 round championship.

Source

:rolleyes:

Honestly, how many of those 25 cars were even within two seconds a lap of the Williams FW14b?

I hope he said it tongue-in-cheeck and it's just being mis-represented by the media. The last few championships have been the most competitive for decades - any of 5 drivers come to mind as potential championship winners. When was the last time that was true?

I don't understand why so many people are undermining him. He deserves his title, no matter how it ended. One year of effort is more than show for it