2008 Scion xD

But seriously, I may have agreed with you... before I bought one. First hand ownership experience has a pesky habit of breaking down glass walls. In reality (you know about reality, right?) it's been a great car. I could have done a lot worse had I chosen a fanboy favorite, a badge with some car attached to it.

I do have a tendency to live in my own reality. :lol: Where everyone is single and it's impossible to drive straight and sports cars have no insurance etc..

I do have a tendency to live in my own reality. :lol: Where everyone is single and it's impossible to drive straight and sports cars have no insurance etc..

Some Dinosaurs involved, too? :p

I think I should use this opportunity to discreetly slide in a reference to ChelsDS's lovely cleavage!

On topic... wait... a rabbit... maybe... mhmm.. mmm... ehmmm... no, nothing :|.
:lol:
Oi... this is a thread about my car. Keep my boobs out of it :p And yes, I love all sorts of rabbits ;P

VW made a Rabbit concept car a while back and called it the Thunder Bunny. :p
:lol: I'd get that just to have a weirdly named car p:

Not really.

Couldn't you afford a used WRX or Mazdaspeed 3 (not the normal mazda 3) for that price?
Yea, but I want to stay under $20,000 for monthly payments sake. I'd LOVE to get a WRX, not so sure on a speed3 though.

Actually it's quite tough to find an 2008 or 2009 Mazda3 in general. Then again I'm looking for the S level so I have a better chance of finding one with a sunroof :shifty:

You can tell when I'm not actually going to do something because if I was, I would be looking at all the kinds of cars I would be interested in getting and also learning the specs on them all to figure out which would be better for me and down the road, along with maintenance costs, etc.

Last edited:
Yea but I'd like a slightly newer used car :lol: It sucks to be picky :| Can't do manual either. Well I can, but not well enough to the point I would be OK with getting a new car that's manual.

That EVO 8 looks good, and is sorta local.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Come on, man up and learn to drive a manual! :p

Come on, man up grow a pair and learn to drive a manual! :p

IMG00757.jpg

Oh, wait...you already did...:|

x.x

AHEM!

I know how to get in to the gears, but reversing and dealing with hills are what I need to learn. I COULD get a manual car, but I wouldn't want to fuck it up from mah horrible skeelz.

Leave my boobs out of this! This thread is about my car :p bug me in other threads about my nice pair, mkay? :p

I know how to get in to the gears, but reversing and dealing with hills are what I need to learn. I COULD get a manual car, but I wouldn't want to fuck it up from mah horrible skeelz.

You'd have to be spectacularly bad to do any real lasting damage to the car while learning. If it starts to smell bad you just stop whatever you're trying to do.

Orly? K then I can blame you when (if) I get a manual car and it craps out on me because of mah horrible skeelz. p:

A friend of mine (who happens to be a girl too) just bought a Golf GTI, it's actually really cool, lowereed, nice rims, cold air intake... it's a 5 speed. She has never driven stick in her life.

It took her about a week to get really used to it, especially considering we live in a VERY hilly area, but she managed with no damage done.

You should do it, it's so much more rewarding to drive a manual car than an auto, even just off the lights or downshifting on an off ramp, it's so much more involving.

Hmmm.... I honestly doubt that I would fuck it up, but eh paranoid :D A Golf GTI hmm? All this looking at new cars is making me not want my car back at all. :| I've put a lot of money in to my car, would suck to start over again.

Hmmm.... I honestly doubt that I would fuck it up, but eh paranoid :D A Golf GTI hmm? All this looking at new cars is making me not want my car back at all. :| I've put a lot of money in to my car, would suck to start over again.

But it's like building a LEGO. Half the fun is destroying it in a dramatic imaginary fireball and then starting all over again. :p

:cry:

The Scions ARE like a lego car actually. Very easy to take things off on the interior without needing a screwdriver.

Bah. Going to make a better list of "could-be" new cars.

Manual is soooo much fun. It's not the most fun to learn, but once you get the hang of the car's behavior and learn how to drive smoothly and not roll on a hill, it's very rewarding. My BMW was my first manual car and admittedly, I stalled it at least 15 times trying to get the hang of it in an empty parking lot. I stalled it while driving a couple of times too, but now, I'm fine. I am by no means flawless, but I can heel and toe decently and dumping the clutch or dropping down to second or third gear to overtake someone at high speed is exhilarating. It's definitely worth learning and perfecting. I recently drove a 993 manual Carrera and it was the most awesome experience ever. Eventually, it will become second nature. It takes about a week to a month to get the hang of to the point where you can get around just fine and for me, after driving a year, I've learned how to heel and toe and blip the throttle and all that good stuff :cool:

Here's an awesome video to persuade you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bTb048nLDM&feature=related

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
Oh I know manual is fun, it was fun when I was being taught and I have daydreams about shifting, overtaking cars, etc. Just.. don't really wana screw anything up on my first manual car is all. Doubt I can do any serious harm.. never know though..

Talking with a friend and he told me that you can swap the front end of a Rabbit with either a GTI or Jetta and he showed me some pictures of the Rabbit with a Jetta front end. It looks AWESOME. :love:

MkV_Golf_GT_Black_Kit.jpg

Mk5_Jetta_Grill_Kit.jpg

Mk5_Front_Bumper_Jetta.jpg

:drool: