2010 Jaguar XJ Pictures Leaked

sure you didn't tell it as it happened. Seriously how bout real time and blow by blow

Sadly I had trimmed it back quite a bit. I love the story behind the two cars and it's part of the reason why I got my 928.

The Lincoln MKS called.

It wants its taillights back.

lincoln_mks_awd_2009_exterior_angularrear.jpg

2010-Jaguar-XJ-3.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/07/09/800px-Paris_2006_-_Kia_Rio.JPG

Of course they all stole it from Maserati.

Hey McCallum, It may be some quick photoshops, but FTFY.

:lol:

Attachments

• xj1.jpg
    xj1.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 65
  • xj2.jpg
    xj2.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 67
Wait till you see one for real on the roads. I bet it looks pretty damn nice in black.

so, What was wrong with constant 911-style design evolution again

^ Some people think that like the 911 jaguar should just keep the same design from Sir William Lyons like the S-type. Or rather it should have picked up around XJ series 2 and kept that design because they love it.

At the same time as calling for one car to keep the same lines from the ages they are throwing a pile of dung at the 911 for not being redesigned.

^ Some people think that like the 911 jaguar should just keep the same design from Sir William Lyons like the S-type. Or rather it should have picked up around XJ series 2 and kept that design because they love it.

At the same time as calling for one car to keep the same lines from the ages they are throwing a pile of dung at the 911 for not being redesigned.

The problem with the 911 is that, as I said before, it's a squashed VW Beetle, so many people don't like the design, including me. The XJ was a one of a kind design, not based on anything, and it worked very well.

The problem with the 911 is that, as I said before, it's a squashed VW Beetle, so many people don't like the design, including me. The XJ was a one of a kind design, not based on anything, and it worked very well.

except the XJ was based on the Mark X. The XJ was the smaller squashed Mark X

Last edited:
An opinion:
The XJ's design is dated, the retro design doesn't work anymore, it has been around for over 30 years. The 911 can retain its design because it constantly manages to look current, whereas the XJ looks dated, and is hardly updated. Sales of the current XJ have been low, hence Jaguar wants to recreate the effect of the money-making magic of the XF with this new car, with a completely new design. Jaguar wants the money of the younger people, not 60somethings, but 30 to 50somethings, with money in their pockets. This new design will appeal to the younger ones who are in large numbers and willing to splurge, not the older ones who are few in numbers and barely have much money. Compared to the competition, it looks futuristic, extremely modern, like how the XF compares with the A6, 5series and the E-class. In my opinion, the new XJ is really a good looking car in comparison to the S-class and 7series.

Recalling an incident: I saw a 2009 XJ Super Eight, and ran to take pictures of it. My friends who don't know anything about cars, then asked me, "why are you taking photos of that old car? Has it got new paint on it, that?"

Yes, but that's still a Jaguar design, and it's a good design.

The Beetle is a VW design, and it isn't a good one.

actually, the beetle is a Porsche design, look it up.

Yes, but that's still a Jaguar design, and it's a good design.

The Beetle is a VW design, and it isn't a good one.

The same designer is nothing. What happened with Porsche they just figured why copy any design from the 356 go with the beetle.

Whats funny is car enthusiast opinion usually is the direct opposite of reality.

My god, the Beetle's history is a mess. :wall: Need to read up more on it.

Still wasn't a good design though.

This coming from someone who drives a Gran Vitara?

I beg to differ, the 911/beetle is a great design. In fact I can think of few cars as common as the 911 where I still turn my head to look at it.

This coming from someone who drives a Gran Vitara?

I beg to differ, the 911/beetle is a great design. In fact I can think of few cars as common as the 911 where I still turn my head to look at it.

Well, first of all, I didn't buy the Vitara, I didn't even suggest it, it was my dad's choice and he bought it. I can't even drive yet, don't have a license.

You know, actually, I'm not going to bother arguing anymore, just not worth my time. Plus, it's a thread about the new XJ, not the 911.

An opinion:
The XJ's design is dated, the retro design doesn't work anymore, it has been around for over 30 years. The 911 can retain its design because it constantly manages to look current, whereas the XJ looks dated, and is hardly updated. Sales of the current XJ have been low, hence Jaguar wants to recreate the effect of the money-making magic of the XF with this new car, with a completely new design. Jaguar wants the money of the younger people, not 60somethings, but 30 to 50somethings, with money in their pockets. This new design will appeal to the younger ones who are in large numbers and willing to splurge, not the older ones who are few in numbers and barely have much money. Compared to the competition, it looks futuristic, extremely modern, like how the XF compares with the A6, 5series and the E-class. In my opinion, the new XJ is really a good looking car in comparison to the S-class and 7series.

Recalling an incident: I saw a 2009 XJ Super Eight, and ran to take pictures of it. My friends who don't know anything about cars, then asked me, "why are you taking photos of that old car? Has it got new paint on it, that?"

Another reason why all children should be automatically drowned at birth. No exceptions. If you grew up with XJs, you'd understand why this is an abomination. No one will want to buy this. Like the freshened old version, it's alienated the loyalists and I suspect it'll appear to be "hey guys, me too!" to everyone else who sees it.

Another reason why all children should be automatically drowned at birth. No exceptions. If you grew up with XJs, you'd understand why this is an abomination. No one will want to buy this. Like the freshened old version, it's alienated the loyalists and I suspect it'll appear to be "hey guys, me too!" to everyone else who sees it.

Good to see someone else understands what me and Spectre are on about (Though Spectre hasn't posted here in a while now).

And a message to klankymen: Neg repping me just because I stated my opinion? :thumbsdown: