The "New Toys" Thread

Pretty much, once they pressed a button in their office you have to restore the phone in iTunes and you get a nice message "Your iPhone has successfully been unlocked w00t !!!11!!!ELEVEN!!! :)"

Purchased a Antec Three Hundred to replace my beige case that came with the Piii 500mhz when they were the latest chip out.

Having a Dual core E8500 in a shit case wasn't right! Plus airflow sucked balls.

300_front_top_q.jpg

Just been handed:

logitech-mx-revolution2.jpg

to replace:

:D

The old one's left button got busted, it would either double click on its own, triple click or not click at all (three years of daily abuse will do that), so Logitech replaced it free of charge.

Setpoint says it's a mk2, it has its own frequency, so had to replace the usb receiver as well and it's a bit lighter. I hope not at the expense of shorter battery life.

I use mine at least 8 hours a day every day and the old one drained in 3 days (even though setpoint said 3 weeks or something). We'll see how long this one lasts.

I've had mine for a year now I guess. The only time to power lights have gone into the red is when I've forgotten to put it on the chargers for the weekend (it's my work mouse). I've gotten pretty good to remember to charge it every 2-3 days.

Only issue is every now and then it decides (on it's own) to switch the scroll wheel from ratchet to free spinning.

Well, I keep the wheel button to the switch and use the search button as the middle one (you get used to it remarkably quickly). I do get that issue every once in a while though, mostly in photoshop when a new window pops up that has a scrolling area.

Does The Sims 3 requires that much computing power? :p

They want to use it to play the new Monkey Island and Wallace & Gromit games, and they didn't like having to turn down the graphics on their current P4 2.4Ghz/Radeon 9700 Pro combo. Plus, they want it to be set for years to come. :)

Nice case. :)

Thanks, I've got the silver version in Saudi Arabia, so I know it's easy to work with, and my sister liked the looks. We both have the windowed versions, btw. :D

Just been handed:

to replace:

The old one's left button got busted, it would either double click on its own, triple click or not click at all (three years of daily abuse will do that), so Logitech replaced it free of charge.

Setpoint says it's a mk2, it has its own frequency, so had to replace the usb receiver as well and it's a bit lighter. I hope not at the expense of shorter battery life.

Hurray, another MX Revolution user.

I love mine so much.

Just been handed:

to replace:

Surprised the battery lasts that long. I blew through the MX1000 I had for testing in under a day. That's one of many reasons I stick to wired.

14902_1225202140.jpg

Just picked up a Griffin Elan Form Leather case for my iPod Touch 2G. Was on sale for a hair under $22. I absolutely love it :D

Surprised the battery lasts that long. I blew through the MX1000 I had for testing in under a day. That's one of many reasons I stick to wired.

Well sure, the MX1000 is a previous-generation product to the Revolution and thus has a shorter battery life... the predecessor to the MX1000 didn't even have built-in batteries, it took 3 AAs I think.

I have to recharge my MX1000 every 2 or 3 nights, and I don't use it more than a few hours a day. My diNovo keyboard on the other hand, has enough juice for a few months (yes, I know keyboards probably use a lot less power, but still...).

My turntable goodies arrived today :drool:

Shure N97xE stylus to upgrade the old M105E, Audioquest carbon fiber brush, and a few bottles of record cleaner. The end result is next to no pops or cracks, spots that used to skip now don't (due to the new stylus), and it sounds a bit better as well. As a result I've moved around my records and now I see I need to find a proper storage shelf for them instead of an overly full box. Off to browse Ikea I suppose.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/07/09/shure.jpg