Crazy/Wierd things you did as a child

Let's see, what crazy stuff did I pull as a child? Only three things at the moment have popped in my head:

--- recreating the flagpole scene in A Christmas Story. Only in my case it was my entire tongue, on the door of the parochial school my two older siblings attended. I wasn't in school yet, and apparently my younger brother wasn't born yet. Mom remembers the blood.

--- mistaking a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon for soda.

--- the time my younger brother, who I think was only two at the time, busted a casserole dish over my head. I remember there being a lot of Band-Aids all over my person. I got my revenge years later by smashing my mom's Don Johnson record over his head. Not as painful as a casserole dish, but then again, have you heard Don Johnson singing?

My best story is my daredevil sleading when I aimed for trees. I still think I am awesome because I totally aimed at the tree and at the last moment pulled hard right and ran it sideways across the trunk then landed back upright. If you look at the sled in the garage you could see the scratches from the bark :lol:

I did something like that... except for the part where you swerved and missed the trees.

Crazy/weird thing: I was dropped on my head when I was little. Remains the only bone I have broken to this day. I still remember the drive to the hospital (in my dad's C4 'vette), the staples going in, and the staples coming out. I couldn't have been older than 3 at the time.

Oh, god, I did too many crazy/bad/weird/regrettable/unforgettable/etc. things when I was a kid. But I'll start with the few that I actually remember in detail and don't mind sharing. :)

When I was probably about 6 or 7, I painted most of the garage with black spray paint. This included the walls, dad's smoker, and...the side of his Camaro. Luckily this was before he had it all restored. I still got in a lot of trouble, though. :lol:

When I was in the first grade, my mom was late to come pick me up from school. I lived down the road over a giant hill, and I was lazy, so I decided rather than walk home on a busy road over a hill (even though it was closer), I'd walk the 4 miles to great grandma's house. I got about half way when some old lady saw me walking all by myself, and asked me where I was going. I told her, "To grandma's house," and she asked me to come inside and call my grandma. It turns out she knew my grandma and when I called grandma she came and picked me up. Mom showed up at grandma's a little while later, furious at me and we went home and I got grounded. The next day in school I get called down to the principal's office where I get lectured on not walking home alone when I'm not supposed to. :lol: I still laugh at that one. I swear I was dropped on my head as a child cos I was pretty stupid as a kid.

Then there were all the times I'd try to pack up and run away, only to get caught half way down the drive way and get dragged back kicking and screaming.

And once when I was in middle school I remember being really mad at my mom on the car ride home so I said "Fuck you" and she turned around and back-handed me. While she was driving.

I also fell off a tree swing once at a friend's house. I landed on my right arm and almost broke it, luckily I didn't. But it hurt so bad that my mom and my friend's mom both thought I had, so I went to the doctor. I got x-rays and morphine for the pain. :D

And when I was really young, I stole a candy bar from what was at the time our local Chevron (its now a 76 I think, but we still go there and all the same people still own it and work there and we know them all really well. That's what happens when you live in a small town all your life.) and got caught by my mom, who made me go and take it back and apologize. They still laugh about that one.

And just for fun, I don't remember because I was really little, but I apparently had a hat that said "Wet at both ends" :lol: I found a picture of me wearing it and my dad holding me.

There are so many more, like my first kiss (ever seen the movie My Girl? Its kind of like that. "Have you ever been kissed?" "No..." "You wanna?" etc...XD), the incident with the neighbors, herding cows with grandpa, catching stuff on fire...:mrgreen:

I used to tell everybody that I didn't believe in God. It was like a burden to me, a terrible secret that I had to get out of the way to those who I made friends with. I would say, "my name is Blake..." and after a while I would bring up, "can I tell you a secret? I don't believe in God." Most kids my age (5-year olds) would shrug it off because they didn't know who God was either, or they just didn't care. This went on for about a month or two.

However, one kid got really offended by it. His name was Brandon, and we were hanging out on the jungle gym, and right after I said it...his face looked shocked, all the air escaped his lungs, and fire and brimstone burned in his eyes. "HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?" he accosted me. "Do you know what Jesus had to suffer through?" He then launched into a bitter, vitreous tirade on the pain that Jesus had gone through for us ungrateful humans, complete with vivid, detailed gestures. "They stuck THORNS through his HANDS! And left him to DIE on the CROSS! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE WENT THROUGH?"

I stopped telling people that afterwards.

I always wondered what happened to that kid. Maybe he ended up suing his Catholic priest...

I tried to walk across the stove while my mom was using it..
The smell of burnt flesh still haunts me...

Well... nothing special, I think, except for a head-on collision between my bicycle and a car when I was 11. I was litterally pushed by my driving sense into getting the apex of a sharp bend (powerrrr). Except the apex was on the wrong side of the road, where other people were supposed to go in the opposite direction.

Luckily it was a small road, and the lady in the car that was coming at the moment had already seen my friends passing by (on the right side of the road) and was slowing down precisely because she thought to be careful - just in case... -.

I remember the red FIAT Panda, I remember braking really hard and then I remember me on the bonnet of the Panda and trying to get down.

No injuries for me, luckily, but my bicycle has a bent front wheel and front end, and could not be used until fixed.

I think this is how I learned the basics of safe driving and the importance of seeing what's coming up ahead.

When I was about 4, saw a small dish *upside down jar lid* in the cupboard with what looked like caramel in it.

So I put my finger in, tried it. Tasted a bit sour, but not too bad.

Found out it was ant poison, lolol.

My sister.
:blink: Well played sir, well played.

I remember being about 3 years old and going over the handlebars of my tricycle while flying down a hill ... and smashing out a bunch of my teeth. I remember it relatively well because it took nearly a week to find a dentist who would pull what was left of the teeth out of my gums.

That pretty much set the tone for the rest of my life. I've had a couple dozen stitches, some staples, lots of broken bones and even some torn cartilage and an ACL. Oh yes, insurance companies love me. :lmao:

When my sister and I were 10 and 12 respectively, we decided we wanted our dad to stop smoking.

So we went upstairs and got the 3 cartons (1 carton = 10 packets of 20 each) of duty free cigs from the landing cupboard where he hoarded them. We took them outside and opened each packet then broke them in half one by one.

We weren't popular, but he couldn't get too mad as my mum wanted him to give up too and she "sort of" backed us up.

He didn't quit though.

Another one my mum always tells about me. She once found me undoing all the screws holding on the dining room table's legs, Sitting underneath the table I only had 1 to go.

Another...

We went on holiday to Greece and they had a sort of welcome party for the new arrivals.

I arrived 1st and helped myself to the Orange Juice sitting on top of the bar. 4 glasses later, my parents and sister finally arrived to find me pissed as a fart and sleeping / passed out in reception.

They only figured out later that I'd had 4 LARGE Vodka & Oranges, my mum gave the barman a severe bollocking and my dad thought it was hilarious.

Last edited:
Another...

We went on holiday to Greece and they had a sort of welcome party for the new arrivals.

I arrived 1st and helped myself to the Orange Juice sitting on top of the bar. 4 glasses later, my parents and sister finally arrived to find me pissed as a fart and sleeping / passed out in reception.

They only figured out later that I'd had 4 LARGE Vodka & Oranges, my mum gave the barman a severe bollocking and my dad thought it was hilarious.

Jaysus, how old were you?!:blink:

Nearly killed my little brother when I was about 5 years old and he about 3, by role-modeling some dare-devilish behaviour. When we lived out of town our property had a border of ash trees pretty much around the entire perimeter. Pretty much all of them were easily climbable. One of the trees was next to a tool shed, and I used to have epic fun climbing up to a really thick branch that was close to the shed roof, jumping down onto the roof, running across and then jumping down into a really thick hedge lying in a garden bed below.

Of course, seeing me doing this my brother tried to copy. He got the jump from the tree to the roof right, but not the jump from roof to ground. You see, the hedge was out a fair way from the edge of the roof and for me to make the hedge I had to run at full tilt and jump as far as I could so I would get a cushioned fall. Being smaller and hesitant while approaching the edge, my brother did not make the hedge and fell straight into the garden bed - that had metal stakes sticking up holding some plants. How he didn't skewer himself I don't know, but he did break his forearm, elbow and cut open his forehead. I still remember running into the house screaming like an idiot when I realised he'd hurt himself badly. My dad cut the lowest branches of the trees so we couldn't climb them after that.

I once had a toy wrecker (back then, I was hugely into anything with a diesel engine, displacement in the double digits, and construction equipment) that I sometimes played around with. It had some electronics that did something I now forget. I looked at the bottom one day, and I noticed some weird brown-orange gunk on the bottom that smelled a bit odd. Being only five or six or so years old, my response to this new compound was to taste it...

It didn't taste good.

Turned out, one of the batteries started leaking, and I discovered the taste of potassium hydroxide. When I found out batteries contain acid, I then began to think a hole would be burned through my tongue. (Even though potassium hydroxide is a base, but I was unaware of the existence of such compounds until middle school chemistry.)

Around the same age, I was trying to play jump rope with a hula hoop that had split down the molding seam. On one turn of the hoop, (my last) the broken end went into the air and came back down.

Along with a shower of broken glass from a light fixture I had just broken.

Followed by my mom rushing in angrily.

We never did find a matching cover for that light.

When I was about 5 and my sister 3, we took out all the Monopoly money out of our set and put it in a shopping bag. We then went to the door of our apartment and saw that our neighbour directly opposite us had just returned from work. For some reason, I took out all the money from the bag and said to him with glee, "Look at all the money we stole from the bank!" He smiled at us and then entered his apartment, closing the door. Suddenly it dawned on me that he was going to call the cops. We ran to our bedroom and hid in the closet.

Well as a child I did something very wired. I logged on to this forum everyday. I think it was called "finalgear.com" or something like that. It's actually quite good, you should try it :lol:

Well as a child I did something very wired. I logged on to this forum everyday. I think it was called "finalgear.com" or something like that. It's actually quite good, you should try it :lol:

My god, you crazy mad child!!!:blink:
Have you considered counselling?
That can't be normal!!

:p

My god, you crazy mad child!!!:blink:
Have you considered counselling?
That can't be normal!!

:p

unfortunately if we were going to offer counseling to anyone who goes to that forum... well, there'd be a line longer than BBC holding auditions for a new Top Gear presenter.

When I was fairly young I did weird things... when I was still in diapers when I was 1ish I think I ate sand so it'd would come out in the diapers for my happy parents.
When I was a bit older 2 or 3 I climbed up a side table/cabinet thing which had a sewing machine on it, getting them to fall all over me without getting any injuries what so ever...
Then at 6-8 I started my bone breaking period... fractured a bone in my thumb when I did a wheelie, got a crack in my heel when I jumped of a trapeze. Hmm actually this bone breaking didn't really stop untill I was 15... when I had a cast on for 5 months =)