Beer

Bought some Hoegarden on the good word of some people here. Very nice, hats off to whoever said it was good.

I dislike the normal Hoegaarden, but the grand cru version is really really good, the same brewer also has verboden vrucht (forbidden fruit) which is also rather nice.
If you can get it try those:)

Last edited:
Carlsberg Elephant

Extremely good. Also 7.2% doesn't hurt either. :)

If your ever in Grand Rapids check out Founder's Brewery, I just bought a shitload of this stuff this past Saturday, especially the IPA.

3201914213_388312f529_o.jpg

And have I mentioned how much I like the Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, better than Guinness, cheaper too :wink:

Anything by Dark horse brewery in Marshall MI.

Founders has some winners as well.

Tyskie and Heineken, both are bastars to get hold of in the pubs where I live (ie you can;t get them) do I usually have Kronenbourg instead, I apolgise to all the Americans on here but your country produces the most tastless beer I have ever had

Why are you apologizing? We know our mainstream stuff is god-awful.

On a more positive note though, I have discovered Paulaner and Koenig Ludwig's stuff at H-E-B. :D

I' apologising because the last time I made a similar comment on another forum I was bombarded with very insulting messages, so I just wanted to cover my back.

Most of the shit beer we have, Budweiser, PBR, Miller, were started by European immigrants. America has some very good beers too like, Leinenkugel's, Sam Adam's, Bell's.

Plus Heineken, really :wink:

Speaking of Leines, I had one of these today:

2926184.jpg

God damn. It's so fruity-tasting I run the risk of having my man card revoked. It's like drinking fruit punch. Replace a sorority girl's Bacardi Breezer with it and she'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

I can definitely see the appeal for when I just want something light and sweet, but like most fruit-tasting beers, I kinda get sick of the whole thing after 3 or 4 sips. Still, I might have a six-pack lying around next to my Sunset Wheat next time.

It's not the worst beer in the world but not really my favourite either as it's a bit too sweet for my liking and it tends to be quite headache inducing.

Reactions: h-p
Speaking of Leines, I had one of these today:

2926184.jpg

God damn. It's so fruity-tasting I run the risk of having my man card revoked. It's like drinking fruit punch. Replace a sorority girl's Bacardi Breezer with it and she'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

I can definitely see the appeal for when I just want something light and sweet, but like most fruit-tasting beers, I kinda get sick of the whole thing after 3 or 4 sips. Still, I might have a six-pack lying around next to my Sunset Wheat next time.

My roommate in college was from Minnesota and he left stuff back home in Minnesota just so he would have room in his car for several cases of various varieties of Leines... we drank alot....:D I never did like the Berry Weiss but the ladies love it.

Has anyone ever had a good beer from Goose Island. I've had the IPA and a few others in bottles and they all hit you in the face with hops,* but the balance is lacking. I hear the 312 is good, so far they've all been pretty average for the taste.

*I realize IPA's are supposed to be hoppy.

Has anyone ever had a good beer from Goose Island. I've had the IPA and a few others in bottles and they all hit you in the face with hops,* but the balance is lacking. I hear the 312 is good, so far they've all been pretty average for the taste.

*I realize IPA's are supposed to be hoppy.

If you want to be walloped in the face with hops try Rogue Dead Guy Ale.:)

If you're in the Pennsylvania area, find Weyerbacher. That brewery CAN'T MISS. Their annual special edition brews are especially awesome (They're the ones with numbers for names. Eleven is my personal favorite, but it's like 3 years old now and getting rare)

I love Stella. For some reason, though, I tend to get a tad aggressive if I had too much to drink. :dunno:

Just had an incident with someone like that at the bar today. Drunk out of his mind at 7pm (every day) and quite aggressive towards the girls I was there with. Almost got into a fight, but I felt sorry for him so I just pushed him out the door.