Jalopnik calls out on Katwalk!

Yes, but honestly it's not that bad if you know where the torque kicks in. The only time it's an issue is like on rt 1 where you have to merge with no ramp.

ppl have probelms merging with no on ramps in this day and age of modern cars? GOD the beetle is an even more backwards car than i thought.

And yet it is still better than a camry which is a picture of beige. :lol:

The real reason men hate my car is the majority of you car too insecure to be seen in one. Honestly if you are such a man I have no interest in dating you, so the car is handy to weed you out. :p

I'm a man and I somewhat like the new Beetle.

^like this?
l_19b3379b5b73cd309cb50bed6908b87b.jpg

LOL, yeah, pretty damn close. Might have to paint them red though.

What she drives does matter, especially if you have a nice car yourself.

If she drives a heap, she's always going to be borrowing your car. :p

Well, yeah. If she drives a heap then she doesn't care about cars. As long as she has a car in good condition, it doesn't matter. That better? :D

2.0 New Beetle Vert is pretty damn slow to be honest... in fact is there any car slower currently on sale in the U.S.A.?

CarandDriverNewBeetleTechnicalData.jpg

ppl have probelms merging with no on ramps in this day and age of modern cars? GOD the beetle is an even more backwards car than i thought.

I gotta be honest its fairly tough, especially depending on where it is. There is a particular on ramp on the BQE here that has you merge from a stop sign. The entrance is right after a turn with very high walls. It is very difficult to tell what lane car is in right or middle until they are past the turn. Getting in there in a 98 Century was no fun at all....

Yeah. Not forgetting the Micra, or Fiat Punto or BMW Z3.
Yeah, but no man yould buy a new gen Micra, its only market is women, the last gen was bearable but the new one is insanley girly.

(And please, an Ambassador? You actually found a BL car even I don't like!:lol:)

Just to be clear. I love New Beetles, I'm straight and I know how to take a joke... apparantly some people don't.

Just to be clear. I love New Beetles, I'm straight and I know how to take a joke... apparantly some people don't.

Does not compute.... :p

I would rock a new Beetle with some serious under the hood upgrades just for the sheer fun of destroying M3 drivers off the line in a fagmobile :p (with those bear hubcaps)

I can't believe some of you are whingin about a 2L car being slow.

I drive a 1.3L car, and it gets along fine....

I can't believe some of you are whingin about a 2L car being slow.

I drive a 1.3L car, and it gets along fine....

Your 1.3L is almost a second faster to 60mph than her 2.0L Beetle.

Does not compute.... :p

I would rock a new Beetle with some serious under the hood upgrades just for the sheer fun of destroying M3 drivers off the line in a fagmobile :p (with those bear hubcaps)

My mod's aren't off the chart but I have extrude honed head, intake manifold and exhaust manifold. 2.5" exhaust, APR chip, Forge TIP and some bolt ons. My Turbo Beetle has tons of torque and is a hoot to drive. :)

P1040028.jpg

All of which is ruined by the "friendly sunny Mellow Yellow" paint job.

You might be able to compensate for it by tinting the windows.

12.4 seconds to 60mph ?!?

Wow....oh.....oh wow...

So slow from 2.0l looks weird so I checked at VW page and 0-100km/h (0-62mph) - 10,9s. I know it's still slow (and 115HP from 2.0l is shit) but it's more believable figure.

On the other hand the worst engine is 1.4l and 75HP with 0-100km/h in 14,6s. :p

So slow from 2.0l looks weird so I checked at VW page and 0-100km/h (0-62mph) - 10,9s. I know it's still slow (and 115HP from 2.0l is shit) but it's more believable figure.

On the other hand the worst engine is 1.4l and 75HP with 0-100km/h in 14,6s. :p

The US spec 2.0 is much slower than the Euro spec one. The US 2.0 has been observed to make 0-60 runs as slow as 13.2 seconds.