Autoblog: Speedlimit enforced by angry people with paintball guns.

No matter how much this is something I'm against, I must say I did laugh when I red it.

God help the poor soul that I catch shooting paintballs at my car. Very little pisses me off more than assholes fucking with other people's cars.

I believe the chance of my 5 year old daughter getting injured or raped by a man who climbed in through my window to be significantly lower than the chance of her being run over by a reckless driver.

The chances of your daughter being nuked by Kim Jong Il are even lower, yet most people still consider him a threat. Do you honestly not see the difference between someone breaking into your house and someone speeding down your street? And please teach your daughter to look both ways before crossing the street - it will drastically reduce the chances of her getting hit by a car.

Obey the speed limit, or face the consequence.
Fuck that shit. Speed limits should correspond to driver ability and not be the same for 16-year-olds, grannies, and racing drivers. I'm fairly confident that I drive better than at least newly licensed drivers and the elderly, so I drive at speeds that I deem reasonable and appropriate, even if said speeds are often over the limit.

Last edited:
Fuck that shit. Speed limits should correspond to driver ability and not be the same for 16-year-olds, grannies, and racing drivers. I'm fairly confident that I drive better than at least newly licensed drivers and the elderly, so I drive at speeds that I deem reasonable and appropriate, even if said speeds are often over the limit.

Thats all fine and dandy when your on the highway or some back road with 3 homes on it.

When you're traveling down a suburban neighborhood street the limits aren't in place to judge the skill levels of various people at dodging moving chicanes but to keep said chicanes alive in the event that their parents were incapable of teaching them to stay out of the street.

Last edited:
This:
For the sake of clarification: A paintball gun won't do any damage to a car. The paint is water soluble and washes out easily. The impact of the paintballs isn't enough to dent the body work or crack a window.
I can vouch for that fact personally ... :wicked:. Shooting a car with a paintball gun does make a hell of a lot of noise though and would probably cause the driver to shit themselves and/or stop the car and kill the shooter.

If the signs actually work then put them up. But following through with the threat is even worse than speeding through a neighborhood. Let the cops catch the speeders.

This:

I can vouch for that fact personally ... :wicked:. Shooting a car with a paintball gun does make a hell of a lot of noise though and would probably cause the driver to shit themselves and/or stop the car and kill the shooter.

That's the bigger issue here. Shooting a car up with paintballs and hitting the windshield could easily cause a bigger problem than the speeding itself.

Do that shit out on a country road, where the only person you kill is yourself, but not in a residential area.

There is some statistic floating around here that 80% of drivers believe they are above average in driving skill.

God help us for the other 20%

Yes, they should. But they don't. And you know that they don't. Therefore...
klankymen said:
Obey the speed limit, or face the consequence.

Do you break all the laws which you deem to be "not right"?

There is some statistic floating around here that 80% of drivers believe they are above average in driving skill.

God help us for the other 20%
I think that the reality of the situation is that 80% of people are shit drivers and the other 20% are above average, know they're above average, and have the good sense to be humble about it. :D

"When he said, 'congratulations mr. Clarkson, you've passed', what I heard was, 'mr. Clarkson, you're the best driver I have ever seen!'".

- Jeremy Clarkson.

:p

I think that the reality of the situation is that 80% of people are shit drivers and the other 20% are above average, know they're above average, and have the good sense to be humble about it. :D

Oh, don't worry, I have no illusions about being a pro or anything like that. But I obey all traffic laws (except speed limits), such as red lights, stop signs, etc, I always signal even when there's no one around, I don't hog lanes (I try my absolute best to not drive in the left lane at all and just use it for passing), I don't get into whose-cock-is-bigger contests at red lights or in traffic, I don't get aggravated if someone is driving faster than me - I just move over and let them pass, I don't tailgate, I drive as smoothly as I can, avoiding hard braking maneuvers and such, I pay attention and look ahead. The vast majority of other drivers that I encounter do almost none of these things, hence my belief than I am better than the average driver. Once again, I know very well that I am no driving God or pro racer. However, I do have something that's very important when it comes to driving and something that most people lack - common sense and situation awareness.

Thats all fine and dandy when your on the highway or some back road with 3 homes on it.

When you're traveling down a suburban neighborhood street the limits aren't in place to judge the skill levels of various people at dodging moving chicanes but to keep said chicanes alive in the event that their parents were incapable of teaching them to stay out of the street.

This. I was going to write an elaborate followup... but it was just redundant. You summed it up pretty well.

And what are the main exports of Canada? Snow and maple syrup.

At least according to Weird Al. :D

An eagle without a gun? How shall it defend itself if someone tries take its feathers?