No 56k: TVR Artemis concept from Niels van Roij

A7XFan22

Sauce

tvr-artemis-24.jpg

TVR, a British sportscar manufacturer with a troubled past and a very uncertain future, has historically been known for producing brutish performance cars with impossibly curvy bodies molded from fiberglass and powerful inline-six and V8 engines. As such, the idea of an eco-friendly TVR never really crossed our minds until we saw Niels van Roij's TVR Artemis concept.

The Dutch designer created the Artemis as his final-year project at the Design Academy Eindhoven in The Netherlands. Theoretically powered by one in-wheel electric motor per contact patch and a hydrogen fuel cell, there seems little chance that a car such as this would ever see the light of day, but it certainly is an interesting take on the modern TVR design ethos. See for yourself in the gallery below of a 1:5 scale model of the Artemis concept.

tvr-artemis-12.jpg

tvr-artemis-10.jpg

tvr-artemis-1.jpg

tvr-artemis-4.jpg

tvr-artemis-5.jpg

tvr-artemis-11.jpg

tvr-artemis-28.jpg

tvr-artemis-15.jpg

tvr-artemis-20.jpg

tvr-artemis-22.jpg

tvr-artemis-21.jpg

tvr-artemis-23.jpg

Ugly and boring looking concept car is too ugly and boring looking to be called a TVR. And I didn't even mention the absence of an ICE.

Well i think the colour is wrong, flipflop would fit better, and it should have a V12, powerd by E85 BioEthanol, to keep some Enviormentlists happy and keep the sound, all in all its plain mad, I love mad TVR's :D

Clowns on wheels! :lol:

Since when did students' art projects become "news"? Happening a lot lately...

The Dutch designer created the Artemis as his final-year project at the Design Academy Eindhoven in The Netherlands.
Seems to me he should have spent another year and finished the design.

TVRs should look like they're the product of an insane 12 year old. This doesn't.

It's too clean, it has to have more vents and spoilers and stuff.

Exactly what I've been wondering as well.
Hell, even actual manufacturer's concepts are (90% of the time) stupidly far away from the real cars they'll build... and those student projects are even further removed from that! :|

Bleh, way too dull & plain to be called a TVR.

+1 Maybe it Mitsubishi wanted to make the Eclipse a real sports car a couple generations out...

that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. needs more sagaris-styling

snowneilyAxe005.jpg

A couple of hits with that and it should be A-OK

That's a good body shape, they should finish the design before taking the wraps off.

Isn't that just a poorly modelled in 3DSMax Sagaris?

At least, it looks like it to me....oh wait, it's like Aston Martin.

One design is good enough for the entire line-up, lol.

NecroJoe said:

Good point! I'm much more interested in official concepts/renders from manufacturers.

I love how they pass this off as a TVR concept. Autoblog sucks.