Random Thoughts....

Man, turbofan calculations are so damn confusing....

I remember when I went trick-or-treating as a young lass. I remember hearing my siblings talk about where the good streets were for getting massive amounts of sugar.

I took my niece and one of my nephews around my block last year and they both had a sizable amount. Now that the niece is two-and-a-half she can eat more of the stuff...and she can walk better so we can avoid having her take a header off a street curb like last year.

Met Allan Moffat today at a Mustang show.

Bloody hell was he a grumpy old cunt to me.

Like James May driving a Countach, sometimes you should never meet your idols.

Americans, were is the best place to buy a nice suit for a decent price?

I've been looking on macys etc compared to what we pay here and it's about 1/4 of the price

I've been looking on macys etc compared to what we pay here and it's about 1/4 of the price

Not Macys most likely. They're cheaper for a reason.

Not Macys most likely. They're cheaper for a reason.

where else then?

My old man lives in Houston and can go and pick stuff up for me (he's a similar height and build)

Also i'm saying that macys is a quarter of the price compared to the exact same things here

Good Will? '80s suits are coming back in style right?

^^ Did you read that money saving or whatever it is column in the Sun Herald by any chance? They were talking about buying from overseas to save a shitload of money.

Moved onto Maths papers from Food tech- 2007 HSC, Question 1- 100%!!!!! HELLZ YEAH!!!!!!!!!

... only 9, infintely harder questions to go :(

where else then?

My old man lives in Houston and can go and pick stuff up for me (he's a similar height and build)

Also i'm saying that macys is a quarter of the price compared to the exact same things here

Well, I don't buy men's suits really. I just know Macy's has gone to shit lately. The Joseph A Banks is probably a good suggestion as are any of the nice department stores (Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks) but I assume they'll cost a LOT more. I don't really know any men's specialty clothiers. Why not just ask your dad where he shops?

Last edited:
Well, I don't buy men's suits really. I just know Macy's has gone to shit lately. The Joseph A Banks is probably a good suggestion as are any of the nice department stores (Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks) but I assume they'll cost a LOT more. I don't really know any men's specialty clothiers. Why not just ask your dad where he shops?

I've bought a good jacket from jose a banks in the past D:

Thanks, i'll get him to check them out

Salvation Army and Goodwill stores RULE for suits if you're in the right size range. If you're fat, or tall, or god forbid both you have to be lucky as hell, but if you happen to wear sane "normal people" sizes, you'll get a whole damned matching suit in a timeless style for $15.

A couple buddies and I always run around wearing sport coats we pick up there because they're warm, distinctive looking and cheap.

If you MUST have a new suit, Joseph A Banks FTW.

Salvation Army and Goodwill stores RULE for suits if you're in the right size range. If you're fat, or tall, or god forbid both you have to be lucky as hell, but if you happen to wear sane "normal people" sizes, you'll get a whole damned matching suit in a timeless style for $15.

A couple buddies and I always run around wearing sport coats we pick up there because they're warm, distinctive looking and cheap.

If you MUST have a new suit, Joseph A Banks FTW.

Oh yeah.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/argatoga/2009/10/17/80s_suit_costume_06068.jpg

A friend on mine in high school had a bright red suit with red pinstripes he got at goodwill.

How much should I sell:

- an 8gb iPod touch 2nd gen, nearly 1 year old with a lot of use under its belt (at least 1 hour a day, up to 8 hours some days)
- a Logitech iPod dock that cost me $130 AUD new that still has about 2 years warranty on it, barely used (as in 2-3 times)
- a pair of iPod touch genuine speakers, barely used

and services clearing and setting up the iPod (plus fixing a camera) to my sister for? I'm thinking $200 AUD is fair for the lot.

I don't really want to sell it, but I have an iPhone now and I never use it, and she is using it all the time as it is now. I just feel guilty because my parents bought it for me for christmas, but they are ok with it.

Suggestions? (No, i am not going to fleece her, I feel guilty selling a gift as it is and I love her too much to :lol:)

My general rule of thumb is half of what it cost new.

Houston has Neiman Marcus, but that will run far more than Macy's.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...745&parentId=cat21120734&masterId=cat14120827

Mmmm, Needless Markup. I joke, but my Grandmother was frequent of their christmas catalog (which if you aren't familiar, is full of hoop-dee-doo expensive stuff) and the store in general. She was going through the catalog one year and turned to the centerfold page, looked at it for a bit then said to me "Hmm... our own private submarine for $1000000..... too bad our lake isn't large enough."

The funny thing, she was serious. :lol:

How much should I sell:

- an 8gb iPod touch 2nd gen, nearly 1 year old with a lot of use under its belt (at least 1 hour a day, up to 8 hours some days)
- a Logitech iPod dock that cost me $130 AUD new that still has about 2 years warranty on it, barely used (as in 2-3 times)
- a pair of iPod touch genuine speakers, barely used

and services clearing and setting up the iPod (plus fixing a camera) to my sister for? I'm thinking $200 AUD is fair for the lot.

I don't really want to sell it, but I have an iPhone now and I never use it, and she is using it all the time as it is now. I just feel guilty because my parents bought it for me for christmas, but they are ok with it.

Suggestions? (No, i am not going to fleece her, I feel guilty selling a gift as it is and I love her too much to :lol:)

In all the honesty you get on the internet, I don't think I'd be able to. I think I'd feel guilty too. My brother and I never sold things back and forth. I'd probably be looking for a barter, either goods or services. Just the fact that she's already using it, I'd have a hard time. I don't think it's in any way unfair or dishonest or wrong to sell it to her, not in the slightest, but I'd have that nagging guilt too. Just sayin'.