COD: Modern Warfare 2

I guess I'll go pick this up at lunch. Course, since my Xbox is in a coffin on its way to XBox heaven, I won't be abl to play it till next weekend at best. The thing died the night before, or about the same time my friends on the east coast were picking it up, so I guess it sorta made the release date.

Nothing like having a brand new, hot game and not being able to play it. :)

So I played 2 hours into the story, really liking it so far. Gfx are awesome and its still looking good on my 9600gt on 1080p with everything turned on but the texture setting. Left that on auto.
I also did a TDM in MP which was pretty great. I never felt any lag, everybody had 3 or 4 green bars... Gotta eat real quick and then hit the SP some more... ;-)

majority probably think of people power in that Infinity Ward would say "have you seen how many people are threatening to boycott our game over this thing? maybe we should reconsider the decision" when it actual fact they probably say "put up or shut up"
people just want to bitch and complain about something but don't have the balls to actually go through with it. mostly i just see it as a scale of bad things happening in the world and i don't think this would even reach beyond the bottom on that list.

It appears I'm in a handful of people who actually boycotted the game, meaning the effort is a complete farce and useless. It's unfortunate I now have to do it on principle and not hope.

This is a fun game, I just wish it was a bit more tactical and a bit less corridor shooter. It would be awesome to have single shot and burst. And the snowmobiles and F15s flying 30 feet away is a bit Hollywood.

i wish you could to spec ops with someone from the internet, not necessarily a friend

gettin' real tired of the stupidly short single player campaigns... I mean maybe 6 hours? Seriously guys?

It's a great story, really good game play (yes, a bit hollywood in parts, but it's a video game), just WAAAYYY to short again.

This is the kind of crap that makes me want to skip buying and just go all rental. With the velocity of good MP games most of my friends move off to the next shiny new quarter in a few weeks anyway and I can't stand "public" matches so the replay value of these games is prety much gone after SP is finished.

Last edited:
its not duckhunting.... its wabbit hunting... (sorry, just couldn't resist)

now there's one phrase thats going to stick.
i was playing the multiplayer last night and i was lumped in a group with about 3 12 year old kids and it irritated the hell out of me. first of all they weren't using tactics. We were in a bunker, enemy coming at them down one trench. what did they do? they ran straight at them. mind you i can't all complain. they kept the enemy team so focused on them i was able to outflank them and attack from another side and accquire a few killshots.
Most importantly of all and what i really hate, is that these are a bunch of 12 year olds playing a game that has a 18 certificate on its cover. They shouldn't be playing, period. The powers that be can bitch and everything at the Video Game industry about kids playing games, but if the parents can't be bothered to actually enforce it and say 'no' to their kids then the powers that be are complaining to the wrong people. The problem isn't the games themselves, its the parents who don't bother or don't care about the certificate on a games cover.

Problem is I equally hate people who go on about how we need tactics etc on a public server and constantly going on and on and on about.

So i tried it.. Pretty average gunwank imo...

Played it last night. Great graphics, really fun, etc. Nothing revolutionary, but worth the dough. :)

Problem is I equally hate people who go on about how we need tactics etc on a public server and constantly going on and on and on about.

fo troof. Especially in TDM. Especially in non realistic games. I usually just run around doing my own thing and my frag rate usually hovers around 1.5-1.6, I die a lot but I'm an aggressive bastard and get plenty of kills so it's all good.

Uber realistic games like America's Army don't even need good team playing in pubs UNLESS most of the other team is populated by a clan that knows how to play together, then you're screwed if your team can't work together and communicate.

edit:

this is why i think the boycott over no dedicated servers is BS. its because you guys are full of shit. proof: http://kotaku.com/5403286/what-modern-warfare-2-boycotters-are-playing

:rofl: :lmao: what a buncha tards. Not only could they not resist buying the game, they couldn't even hold out for at least week.

Last edited:
It grossed $310 Million on day one. This is the largest one day opening of any entertainment medium.

So far I took a big risk buying the game, and I'm pleased. I don't know if it's down to my connection or just my luck with peers, but I've been lucky to have some decent games. I will admit dedicated servers are better, but so far so good I'll need to play a bit more tomorrow, and over the weekend to give a final verdict.

I have to say the this helped a lot, and allowed me to have an idea of people's pings better:
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=167264
? Navigate to the folder: 'program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players' and open the file config_mp.cfg

? Change scoresping_interval from 100 to 20, and maxbars from 4 to 10 (10 is the max).

? This means that each of the 10 bars represents 20ms, with full green being 20ms or lower, and 1 red being 200ms or higher.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=165544&sid=4af0b3339f3f9691ce64bcf252ff03ac
First, locate your config_mp.cfg file. It's in C:\Program files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Modern Warfare 2\players by default. Open it with notepad/wordpad. Look for cl_maxpackets and change the value to 100.

Combine these two settings, and in my honest opinion you have a winner so far I've had a lot of fun. Hope it helps, and I'd love to play with some of you guys if we're able to be matched my steam is nyredbull96 I play as TeH.

Cheers :)

*Note*
Out of curiosity what are you connections like Down/Up? 20/5 for me wish I had a bit more upstream..

Last edited:
Having some punk accuse you of using hacks when you actually arent is strangely satisfying.

The very first time I played GRAW PC online I got like 5 kills in a row and I got accused of hacking.

Proudest moment of my career.

I'm at Whiskey Hotel right now... Veteran is kicking my ass. At least the enemies don't constantly respawn any more. Now all we need to do is eliminate the instant snap 180 turns-to-headshots the AI can do and we'll have eliminated bullshit from COD forever.

The very first time I played GRAW PC online I got like 5 kills in a row and I got accused of hacking.

Proudest moment of my career.

I got accused of being a "wall hacker" tonight. Some people seem unable to undertand that there is such a thing called sound and when someone is sprinting down hallways, their footsteps are quite loud :lol: