Design a car, Final Gear.

I'm down to imagining stuff but i can't materialize it by myself.

Since this is FinalGear, I'm assuming it has a V8.

No it should have a W12, I may be able to render the car in Inventor.

RWD 6-spd manual? Yes?

Can't do that with a Wanker-12 engine. :p

So it'd need to be either a force-fed or NA 7L Jag V12 cranking out 700+ hp. You can then connect it to your choice of Tremec/NV RWD or 4WD gearboxes/transfer cases; it'd keep costs down.

As long as we're doing this thought exercise, we might as well do it right and make some sort of supercar or rally car. :D

Last edited:
My take on this:

Mid engined, straight 6, 6mt, rwd. NA, revs to 9000, has 400hp, weighs 2500 lbs.

10L V8. Supercharged.

no i think it should have basics of a raly car small enigine but turbocharged so i think twin turbo v6

I can't imagine this type of thread going well. I'm wondering if it might be easier to have sep. threads for sedan, grand tourer, track-day/everyday sports car, etc.

Alright. Bear with me on this for a moment.

Lets put TWO supercharged and intercooled Jag V12's, connected end-to-end at the crank up front - but mount them behind the front axle. I figure we can get away with this because we'll have a LOT of cooling and plumbing needs at the front end, and having a bunch of extra open space at the nose will make styling that a lot easier. Tie that through a 6-speed gearbox (probably have to custom-modify one to deal with 1400HP) and out to the rear. We TOTALLY need inboard disc brakes, even if we have to custom build the axle.

Between the two engines, we could potentially put a clutch, so we can shut one down for "eco-mode" and thus earn our green stripes or whatever. With that much weight and the driver sitting so far back, any hopes of handling are no doubt crushed, so in terms of suspension we just need to build something that will oversteer and try to kill you a lot. Due to length, it makes sense to do steering by wire - but NO. We will forge one enormous, complicated manual linkage all the way out to the front axle.

It shouldn't have a roof.

But as Jayhawk correctly said we know everything so therefore we can make one car to do everything well.

Well some obvious things :

1 Manual,
2 Rear or 4 wheel drive,
3. Petrol,
4. 2.5 or better
5. Turbo or Supercharger
6. 4 seats or better
7. Disc brakes all around

Well some obvious things :

1 ManualFlappy paddle 7-speed
2 Rear or 4 wheel drive,
3. Petrol,