Random Thoughts....

Snow is useless.

...unless you're in Texas, where people mistake white bits falling from the sky for the apocalypse and cancel everything if they think it might have a chance of sticking to the ground. :)

I guess I don't want snow so much as an extra couple study days...

Snow is awesome!! I gotta get my snowboard from my parents!!! :D

:lol:

How would you rate Tiffany?

Gargh, I dunno, but at this rate, I'm leaning towards Lawful Neutral based on said description.

Yeah, I'm boring for the most part <_< Though I do get my bouts of crazy and cash in the girl card at times. :blink: :lol:

Hmm, I think coming back from LA to find that this had sprouted in the living room was quite nice! (Dave and his mum sneakily gave me Christmas!)
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ki/kiki/2009/12/05/11057_877344232973_1240976_49040189_378591_n.jpg

Now, I'm just waiting for the rest of the packages to be delivered! Two wrapped today, ten more to go... Though how the hell to I sneak and wrap Dave's present when it arrives? :lol:

The title can change as quickly as your avatar.

What was the avatar before? I thought 'Topgearfanatic is a Queen' was the joke, did I miss something last night?

Yep. He edited out the "Queen" from his avvy.

Dammit! The cafe up the road changed the way they make their sweet potato fries. Now they're all limp and squishy. Gross.

Lunch disappoints. :(

I feel like such a retard about my whole money situation... the fact that I overdrew my debit card account not once but four times. That means I now owe them $280.... which I really don't have.

I'm going ot ask my parents for a loan, which I will then pay back.... but I just feel really, really embarrassed and horrible about this. I'm normally perfect with my money management, I just really didn't stay on top of keeping track of my expenditures at all.

Don't blame yourself for fucked up banking practices.

Once I went over my credit limit on a credit card by like $5 and they charged me a $35 overdraft fee. I called them and angrily explained that the whole point of a credit card is that there's a limit to it, am I expected to keep track of all my credit card expenses and make sure I don't go over the imaginary, practically non-existant limit?

They couldn't help me and I told them to sod off and tore up my card. Now they call me every month begging me to get another card with them, but I've moved on to another bank and don't even pick up their calls. Now I bet they're sorry.

I know my situation is different since it was with credit, but I've had all sorts of other problems. Banks are evil, all you can do is learn from your mistakes and remember those sleazy practices so they don't get you again.

Edit: You know what, it sounds like your situation is even worse. The whole point of a debit card is so you're using actual money that's sitting in your bank account, letting you spend money you don't have is what credit cards are for. Plus, as far as I know over here you need to apply for an overdraft limit on your chequing account and obviously need to have a good credit record to get it. Did you ever even apply for such a thing?

Last edited:
I know it's not a super manly endeavor, but have you thought about something like yoga or pilates to strengthen your core and improve your balance instead of always trying to correct for it?

Stabilization is different from balance.

Don't blame yourself for fucked up banking practices.

Once I went over my credit limit on a credit card by like $5 and they charged me a $35 overdraft fee. I called them and angrily explained that the whole point of a credit card is that there's a limit to it, am I expected to keep track of all my credit card expenses and make sure I don't go over the imaginary, practically non-existant limit?

They couldn't help me and I told them to sod off and tore up my card. Now they call me every month begging me to get another card with them, but I've moved on to another bank and don't even pick up their calls. Now I bet they're sorry.

I know my situation is different since it was with credit, but I've had all sorts of other problems. Banks are evil, all you can do is learn from your mistakes and remember those sleazy practices so they don't get you again.

Edit: You know what, it sounds like your situation is even worse. The whole point of a debit card is so you're using actual money that's sitting in your bank account, letting you spend money you don't have is what credit cards are for. Plus, as far as I know over here you need to apply for an overdraft limit on your chequing account and obviously need to have a good credit record to get it. Did you ever even apply for such a thing?

Hell no. I wish they would have just denied the card; at the time I had cash, too. That would have made everything easier; I would have no problems here whatsoever and this all could have been avoided.

I should start a bank like that. Everyone would love me.

I'm lucky. My dad pulled my ass out of the fire, and lent me the money to clear my account.

I really do need to start keeping track of expenditures.

At least I'm working now, that way it will be easier to pay them back.

Last edited:
They make a shit load off overdraft fees. I have been hit by that a few times in the past. Kept going $1 to $2 over.

I now use USAA for banking. I only have a WAMU err Chase account because they offered me $150 to keep it open.

Bank of Finalgear, anyone? No overdraft fees, no bullshit fees, if you don't have the money you can't pay?

They make a shit load off overdraft fees.

That's basically the whole scam behind consumer banking. Even though they charge a minimal monthly fee on some accounts, the main chunk of their profit is made from punishing customers for rules that for obvious reasons they don't make clear to you initially.

Banks are really up there with the most evil of businesses. Think about it, what's with all these punitive fees anyway? They figure just because this whole business is based on money they actually need to repeatedly punish their customers with a fine?

Is McDonald's going to charge me a fine next time if I don't clear my table?

Last edited:
... random mind meanderings

Is there a woman for Spectre? I mean, he spends a shit ton of money on guns and cars and the like, but he never speaks about women? He isn't gay.... so therefore he must be a hermaphrodite?

... Maybe not.

Oh my gooooooodness! Supposedly we're going to get snow on our local mountains this week! :thumbsup: Hopefully it'll be a lot of snow :| That would be fun to run off to the mountains in the morning, play in the snow then go to work :lol:

/dork

I love the wax seal you have on there. I've always wanted to have something like that so when (if I ever did..) mail letters I could put a seal on the back of it :)

Last edited:
... random mind meanderings

Is there a woman for Spectre? I mean, he spends a shit ton of money on guns and cars and the like, but he never speaks about women? He isn't gay.... so therefore he must be a hermaphrodite?

... Maybe not.

There have been women, yes. And I don't spend quite the money you may think - remember, I bought my Jags cheap, and my gun collection cost maybe 30-40% of what it's actually worth. Smart shopping and all. :D

I just don't choose to talk about my romantic life. And no, I'm not hermaphroditic. :p

Last edited:
I just don't choose to talk about my romantic life.[...]
Well if you are as agressive passionate about your opinions about women as you are about your opinions about Cars ... it is rather smart not to let your mouth run wild on that topic ... other than cars or guns ... women are flight animals. You?d just scare them away :mrgreen: