Random Thoughts....

I remember the 1999 eclipse over here, which was also a very big deal and all. I was in 6th grade or something and we had a whole class trip planned to go somewhere and look at the damn thing. Only in the end, it was completely overcast, we couldn't see crap, and honestly, as 11/12 year olds, we didn't really give a damn :|

Did anyone get to see the solar eclipse today? I wasn't in the path of totality, so it only got ooky spooky dark here. I did watch a live stream on the Internets.

Like you, I wasn't in the path of totality, only seeing 95.5% coverage. I rigged up part of a cheap pair of solar glasses on my phone with masking tape and this is the best shot I got.

20240408_134830.jpg

@RdKetchup was in the path of totality though.

I remember the 1999 eclipse over here, which was also a very big deal and all.
Yeah, that was a hoot. I was in 13th grade, and went down to Saarbrücken with about a dozen others from my school. We had quite the journey as a convoy, only to end up not seeing the eclipse because there was a seven-minute thunderstorm at our location exactly during the totality. :D
Still, it was a fun day. I was the first to arrive home because in borrowing my father's Passat with a 70 litre fuel tank, I was the only one not having to fuel up on the way back while others waited for up to an hour to get fuel. The traffic was absolutely insane. Because of that I had my passengers navigate us avoiding motorways until we were at Siegen or something. They were not good at reading maps. We were still the first back home. :D

He has some very funny ideas, they apparently didn't always translate to screen very well. His Boring Car Trivia books are great though, and it was nice that the latest one was partially a community effort. I have them all, got the third one signed defaced at the live S&S recording.

Actually, I’ll believe you’ll find there’s 4 books *pushes glasses up nose*

I know this because I’m a deeply interesting man who owns all 4

Actually, I’ll believe you’ll find there’s 4 books *pushes glasses up nose*

I know this because I’m a deeply interesting man who owns all 4
I do have all four now, but at the time the fourth book was in Christmas jail so I couldn't take it. The third book features the Land Rover Series III and Tesla Model 3 on the covers too, so it's bound to be my favourite. :p

Anyone here have Audible, and can tell me if "The Feminine Mystique" by Betty Friedan is a part of their "unmatched collection" of audbooks one could select from their free monthly audiobook catalog?

1713334339237.png

I need to "read" this book for a class, and while I have the book, I'm just not a reader, and the audio book isn't available through my local library. Hoping I don't need to buy it...

Anyone here have Audible, and can tell me if "The Feminine Mystique" by Betty Friedan is a part of their "unmatched collection" of audbooks one could select from their free monthly audiobook catalog?

View attachment 3572407

I need to "read" this book for a class, and while I have the book, I'm just not a reader, and the audio book isn't available through my local library. Hoping I don't need to buy it...
captures_chrome-capture-2024-3-17.png

appears so

For me, I can just buy it with one of my monthly credits - but then again I’m in Germany and have never heard of the “unmatched connection”, so I assume that’s just not a thing here.

I think the above 0.00$ is just audible/amazon being scammy about that monthly credit system they run. You don’t technically pay any dollars for that audiobook, directly😐

soemwhat relevant to amazon/audibvle, new clarkson's farm trailer just dropped
well, old one but at a different aspect ratio
asside from the appearence of swishy ballsack, it looks pretty epic imo

anyone else hyped?

The Satanic Temple has a line of hot sauces. 😅

use SATAN10 for 10% off. 😂