Random Thoughts....

Assorted bullshit

Well, you're just going to have to deal with it until you turn.... Wait. What's that? Your profile says you're 23? Repeat after me - "Fuck off."

Seriously, I'm 23. I live at home. That level of insane paranoia was beyond even my late insane, paranoid mother (rest her soul).

Really, I'm all for the "I live under their roof, so I need to respect them" bit but that only extends to the point that it becomes stupid.

Hahahaha. EyeMWing, you have made my day.

Last edited:
So I attemtped to read the "Top Gear Seaons 14 Episode 5 discussion thread."

I read it for about 1.5 minutes, then realized "bunch of whiny wankers" then wandered back away from there.

Seriously, people need to stop being such haters of everything, yeah its not THE BEST, but there were some laughs, and it was worth the bandwidth.

I read it for about 1.5 minutes, then realized "bunch of whiny wankers" then wandered back away from there.

Seriously, people need to stop being such haters of everything, yeah its not THE BEST, but there were some laughs, and it was worth the bandwidth.

QFT. The 14x05 thread is SOOOOOOOOO depressing. I'm half-way through it and had some good honest laughs so far.

White turtleneck made me think about it, but I hope the future Mrs. RaptorJesus is a tall woman. Im 5'11'' and am short in my family, dads 6'3'' and bro is 6'4''. If my latent tall genes combine with a tall womans genes my kid has a shot at being reasonable size. I hate that I'm the shortest one of my friends and wouldnt wish that angst on my kids. Plus it doesnt hurt to be tall when it comes to pretty much every sport.

Like other people have said, it's almost like another forum entirely now- so few people post actively in both the TG section and Off-topic/others. I don't read it much anymore except for info on James May's Toy Stories.

In other news, I am sunburnt. Well done Brydie, well done indeed :clap: /sarcasm.

White turtleneck made me think about it, but I hope the future Mrs. RaptorJesus is a tall woman. Im 5'11'' and am short in my family, dads 6'3'' and bro is 6'4''. If my latent tall genes combine with a tall womans genes my kid has a shot at being reasonable size. I hate that I'm the shortest one of my friends and wouldnt wish that angst on my kids. Plus it doesnt hurt to be tall when it comes to pretty much every sport.
I was supposed to be 5' 9", according to my mom's OB/GYN.

Yeah, that didn't happen.

- 5' 3" of sad little coco

The TG section of the forums gives me brainhurt. I haven't seen the latest episode, though, but I have a funny feeling I won't think it's the end of the world if it's not as good as some of the older eps.

Also, I have the sudden urge to make a fort out of lawnchairs and not let the grownups in. Yep.

Last edited:
Like other people have said, it's almost like another forum entirely now- so few people post actively in both the TG section and Off-topic/others.

This is a sign of a healthy community that was built around a controversial topic. Move along, nothing to see here.

Storytime: I was once on a forum (one of the top 10 in size at the time) where the Off Topic sections had diverged from the subject matter forums rather sharply - and the property came up for sale and the potential buyer was worried about the potential difficulties and cost of having a bunch of people talking about arbitrary things being associated with their brand name. The moderators and administrators went on an EPIC PURGE of regulars and cornerstones of the society that had arisen - and anyone who dissented with the removal of such people - with the goal of eventually discontinuing the off topic sections altogether. It didn't work out, the deal fell through, and a new community eventually grew up in the chaos left behind. The core of the original community was fragmented and transferred to various other places, many of which eventually petered out because of the lack of the topic-specific forums to drive new membership.

FinalGear the site and the Forum are about Top Gear and various related programs. FinalGear the Community is actually built around something quite different and unique - in general it seems to be built around people who like cars, which is rather distinct from traditional car forums which are built around people who build, drive, own, are in the process of buying, etc. a given class of car. If you go to a Corvette forum and don't drive a Corvette and in fact drive a Lada Samara, you won't fit in at all - no matter how much you like Corvettes - and in fact will probably be pitchforked for being a poser.

I spent ages trying to get my sixaxis controller to work on my laptop; in the end I stuffed it up and gave up. Tomorrow I'm going to be cheap and buy an X360 controller. Now I'm going to do the millionaire's challenge with a keyboard. yeah......a keyboard.!

I think Sony should release drivers for their controllers on PC; it would help us while helping them screw over small tech companies. Joy to all!

Did someone already told you guys you should go see Avatar in 3D? First time ever I'm thinking about watching a movie again in the theatre and especially an expensive 3D version.
I thought the movie wasn't that special right after it, but I can't get it out of my head :) Awesome experience.

Did someone already told you guys you should go see Avatar in 3D?
Yes I've been told that by people who have not even seen Avatar. It seems I have no choice but to see it in 3D.

in general it seems to be built around people who like cars, which is rather distinct from traditional car forums which are built around people who build, drive, own, are in the process of buying, etc. a given class of car. If you go to a Corvette forum and don't drive a Corvette and in fact drive a Lada Samara, you won't fit in at all - no matter how much you like Corvettes - and in fact will probably be pitchforked for being a poser.

Hilariously the beetle forum is like this :blink: I'd say 1/3 of the people do not own beetles. Most of them have owned beetles at one point (then produced children and needed something bigger) but some of them have never had one at all and just like them.:lol:

Like other people have said, it's almost like another forum entirely now- so few people post actively in both the TG section and Off-topic/others. I don't read it much anymore except for info on James May's Toy Stories.

I can hardly read even the Toy Stories thread for all the whining. I feel very unwelcome posting over there. The show has become incredibly polarizing the last few series, and the resulting drama just drives me crazy. It seems like everything everyone says is suddenly offensive to someone else and needs to be argued about. If you liked it or didn't like it it you're immediately wrong. I haven't posted over there in weeks. I'm hoping it dies down soon. I miss it.

In other news, I am sunburnt. Well done Brydie, well done indeed :clap: /sarcasm.

Time to slather on the lotion!

If you go to a Corvette forum and don't drive a Corvette and in fact drive a Lada Samara, you won't fit in at all - no matter how much you like Corvettes - and in fact will probably be pitchforked for being a poser.

A Lada Samara driver in the United States would certainly be something. :)

Pics for reference:

http://img109.imageshack.**/img109/2561/autowpruladasamarabykon.jpg

2d9xlq8.jpg

My stomach is growly this morning. I shouldn't even be awake this early <_< curse my inability to sleep normal hours anymore...

Then again, you're talking to a guy whose idea of snow clearing is to lay strip charges and blow the snow off the path.

You are hereby awarded the ?most awesome display of awesomeness that annoys neighbors?Cheers!

A Lada Samara driver in the United States would certainly be something. :)

Pics for reference:

http://img109.imageshack.**/img109/2561/autowpruladasamarabykon.jpg

2d9xlq8.jpg

didn't careless air recently started a air giant rock removal service?