Test Drive Unlimited 2: Wanna get dirty?

sweeeeeet, i just hope that they get the sounds correct this time, like SLR, DB9, F430, etc. that was one of the only down points for me with the first game. Fix those and im happy

AWESOME! Hopefully the wheel support will be decent this time around. It was horrible to drive on the Xbox with a wheel, huge force feedback dead zone in the middle.

No such problems with the PC version :)

That's one of the reasons I liked TDU so much - it was originally intended as a PC racer that goes back to the roots of the genre. None of that "Mad drift, yo!" bullshit that we've been getting from everywhere else.

I can't wait for E3 this year...they should release some more info at the show.

Haha! Yay! I've been waiting for this for a while now! and not a moment too soon either, I just picked up this game in October so that's really cool.

I really hope they add the hustle and bustle if it is Ibiza though, Hawaii was lets face it, boring.

Lets just say, I bought an Xbox just for this game when it was released...
As long as the roads change gradients smoothly and you don't start to fly over every crest, it'll be fine...

[...]But, Ibiza is almost 3 times smaller than Oahu. :(
Let me take a wild guess here ...

Baleares-rotulado.png

Other islands will be unlockable or available as DLC (BUH!) ... that ship in the harbour in TDU that you could not get onto ... I think at some point in TDU2, you will be able to get onto a ship and go to another island ... that?s a pretty common thing for all sandbox games that not all areas are unlocked straight away ... I?d guess you will have to unlock Formentera ... and Majorca will be DLC ...

I thought that TDU never got the "feel" of the cars right, if they can sort that out it should be an epic game!
I agree, I felt they were always a bit on the... mushy side, for lack of a better word. If they can fix that and the fact that some aspects were a little subpar, we'd have a winner.

That said, I can add the mandatory "+1" to the DOWANTS now.

:D

To be honest...I'm not really excited about driving on an island again. I wanted to drive in the Swiss Alps.

One of my favorite games, in terms of terrains and tracks, is Mercedes-Benz World Racing.

I really enjoyed TDU, but it did take up a load of time. And I don't play any games anymore - I just don't find the time. Maybe I should. But I probably won't be buying this, even though I'm sure I would enjoy it if I did. Shame.

Oh well - looks good.

I still play TDU online :)

I have 5-6 different profiles and I've gotten each one on 99% completed :) I REALLY spent a lot of time with this game.

And I don't play any games anymore

What's wrong with you? You're 17. Kids these days.

You don't find time you MAKE time, sonny.

Other islands will be unlockable or available as DLC (BUH!) ... that ship in the harbour in TDU that you could not get onto ... I think at some point in TDU2, you will be able to get onto a ship and go to another island ... that?s a pretty common thing for all sandbox games that not all areas are unlocked straight away ... I?d guess you will have to unlock Formentera ... and Majorca will be DLC ...

Looking on Google Maps at Formentera, it has fuck-all for driving roads and is a pretty tiny network. I doubt they'd bother modeling it.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, skip school or something...

I really enjoyed TDU, but it did take up a load of time. And I don't play any games anymore - I just don't find the time. Maybe I should. But I probably won't be buying this, even though I'm sure I would enjoy it if I did. Shame.

Oh well - looks good.

You don?t play anymore :blink: ? How old are you ? What?s next ? A savings account ? :lol:

^ Haha amusingly, yes. Well I've never gotten round to opening one, but my parents reckon I need an ISA.

And I guess that yes, being 17 should mean I regularly come home from school and instantly hit the playstation, and that's exactly what I was like a year ago or so. Maybe I need a social life, or maybe I need to forget any hope of having friends and buy TDU2.

^ Haha amusingly, yes. Well I've never gotten round to opening one, but my parents reckon I need an ISA.

And I guess that yes, being 17 should mean I regularly come home from school and instantly hit the playstation, and that's exactly what I was like a year ago or so. Maybe I need a social life, or maybe I need to forget any hope of having friends and buy TDU2.

I'm 14 and I find the time for both games and a social life, sometimes they even merge into one! Besides, what else are you going to do on a Monday night when there's fuck all on TV and you don't want to go out because it's a Monday....I hate Mondays....thank god it's Friday.

Ok, DO WANT.

For its day TDU had good sounds IMHO. They weren't the correct sounds for the car but they served their purpose. I'd much prefer the real sounds though.

I too, would prefer alps and the such rather than islands again, plus, I didn't think Ibiza had very good driving roads...I could be wrong.

When looking at an island and judging if it'll be any good for driving around on I usually take the heightmap as a guide...only the 2nd island stands out to me on the map posted above.

We'll see...

Mallorca would be awesome! I love Mallorca, been there a few times =) As far as I remember there are some quite decent mountain roads on that island!

Excellent. I really enjoyed the RPG-type atmosphere of the first one, hope that sticks around for this one.